Derby vs Fleetwood - Match Thread

Rampant

7 hours ago, Rampant said:

Jeez. That's not going to help. In that case I'm either sticking Smith back at RB or giving Max Bardell his first start (I think). 

Wildsmith

Bardell        Nelson        Cashin       Forsyth

Rooney    Thompson   Hourihane

NML             Waghorn         Washington

(Vickers, Smith, Elder, Robinson, Sibley, Brown, Collins)

Fozzy, Bardell and Rooney can all cover CB so Bradley's place on the bench can go to Brown. Would include Barkz if available but assuming he's not quite ready.

Would endorse this sentiment 100%.

NML needs someone to work with up top and Collins isn’t that man.

I’ve seen a few suggest Nelson at RB. Not if he’s going to lump the ball ten yards over the heads of Derby players thank you.

In your lineup I’d play Rooney just in front of the CBs. 

Vickers

Wilson Forsyth Cashin Elder

Rooney

Thompson       Hournihane

NML                                 Waghorn

Washington

Back to basics. Ask Rooney to turn the ball over and offload it to the full backs or wingers. Ask Wilson and Elder to overlap NML and Waggy.

Just now, Srg said:

Is Bradley, Hourihane, Smith and Collins in your team?

They are still quicker than we are. I must admit however, that the walking football game I played in yesterday lunchtime before heading for Derby for our game was a much better game of football than what was served up last night.

2 hours ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Vickers

Rooney

Washington

Back to basics. Ask Rooney to turn the ball over and offload it to the full backs or wingers. Ask Wilson and Elder to overlap NML and Waggy.

Yep, happy with that 😊

2 hours ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Vickers

Rooney

Washington

Sorry, other than Wildsmith in goal 👍

I think we will go with a 4231 / 433 which is what we played during Warne's best run with us:

Wildsmith - Nelson Bradley Cashin Forsyth - Smith Hourihane Thompson - NML Collins Waghorn

Subs: Vickers Wilson Elder Rooney Robinson Sibley Washington

I can't see Bird & Ward playing based off Warne's post match interview & Wilson has a slight knock so can see him being on the bench if he isnt fit either then Bardell to come in for him.

Thats quite a defensive back 4 but is what we need imo, I think a back 4 would suit all parties. Nelson at RB can do a job there, both Bradley & Cashin seem to struggle in a 3 but I think a 2 is more suitable for them.

Thompson can then use his energy to get around the pitch in a free role as well as supporting Collins with Waggy & NML giving us width. Hopefully Sibley gets a full week training, I can see him making the bench if short on numbers from the 2 injuries last night.

Try: Round pegs in round holes!

Wildsmith

Rooney   Forsyth    Cashin      Elder

Thompson Hourihane

NML              Sibley            Waghorn

Collins

Edited by valakari
Addition

This match last season was the start of the red flags for me. Warne took the players to Cheltenham races for some team bonding FFS, three days previously, turned up against Fleetwood thinking they already had 3 points. Went into half time 0-1 spent the first 15 minutes of the second half with the gang of three discussing subs that should have been made at halftime, whilst they were pissing around Fleetwood scored another. And then the usual panic, make 5 subs. I said to my son at the time he hasn't got a plan B and nothing has changed to this day. The gang of three cannot see the game unfolding and do not react, I suggest they study weigman and the lionesses to understand impact substitutions. Bird will go to Bristol city and cashin to Brighton and why wouldn't they, how are they going to develop as top class footballers with warnes brand of hoofball. We know they are better than that 

If both Ward and Wilson are injured, as was suggested on the radio, then I think we may be forced into 4 at the back:

Wildsmith

Rooney         Bradley       Forsyth        Elder

Thompson         Smith

NML                 Hourihane             Waghorn

Collins

Assuming both Bird and Ward are injured and that Wilson was just a knock I’d go with;

Wildsmith

Wilson   Nelson   Bradley   Forsyth

Thompson   Hourihane

NML    Collins   Waghorn

Washington

Give Cashin a rest with all the speculation and also don’t think he has played very well although the same could be levelled at Nelson and Bradley?!

15 minutes ago, DCFC1976 said:

Assuming both Bird and Ward are injured and that Wilson was just a knock I’d go with;

Wildsmith

Wilson   Nelson   Bradley   Forsyth

Thompson   Hourihane

NML    Collins   Waghorn

Washington

Give Cashin a rest with all the speculation and also don’t think he has played very well although the same could be levelled at Nelson and Bradley?!

whats collins done to stay in the team ?

and what makes you think he could play as an attacking mid?