Is Warne living on borrowed time?

12 minutes ago, Charlie G said:

Hes on borrowed time and Clowes has a decision to make and whichever it is , its gonna cost him a shed load of money.

Keep warne on and crowds will drop, 4/5k drop at £20 ahead is nearly 100k a game.

Sack him, then you need to pay him and his assistant's their contracts.

Big decision, but personally I'd get rid. It looks like he's lost the dressing room, the fan base are turning on him at a rapid rate. 

Even more so is that with each game our assets who will command a fee ( Bird/Cashin) look lost in this anti football warne has adopted and there price is dropping.

We need a club that has youngsters coming through and we still have rooney,Thomson,sibley along with bird and cashin who I would want to build a team around but it requires a manager who understands technical abilities and Warne is one who doesn't.

Difficult to disagree with that to be honest!

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

It's impossible to compare how Warne is doing to how Rosenior is performing. Different players and different opponents. Same as many are certain it was a mistake to replace LR. We simply don't know how last season would have panned out let alone this one if LR had been kept on. 

Agreed. It's not as simple as this. Not convinced his style would have brought promotion in this league.

2 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

We'll see.

I do enjoy the argument of 'We can't keep changing managers' whilst i agree in some ways. Many teams have got promoted including Forest by keep rolling the dice until lady luck shines down accordingly. 

Sticking with a manager has some well know historical examples where it proved the right choice. But it  happens hardly anywhere in the EFL or Premiership these days reflecting  commercial realities. The club may have to do what others do as a matter of survival. Clowes has an investment to protect.

Is Warne living on borrowed time?...Yes!

There's an old saying in football...you're only as good as your last game, I went to the Wigan game but followed the other 2 home games on here, There's not too many posters I disagree with as most see it how it is, No sugar coating, No blinkers on just tell it how it is.

There's posters who have been positive over the summer and still as positive after the Blackpool game, But last night I get a feeling that PW is losing a lot of support from here, Is this a sign that DCFC fans in general are feeling the same...boooooing at home aint good, There's been those that have been vocal and negative for some time with PWs style of play...and to sum these posters up...they look to be right.

David Clowes the saviour of DCFC a year ago had better be aware...which I think he will be as he's a fan so he'll be know the feeling at this moment in time, He may have locked himself into a 4 year financial capsule where a sacking will cost, Being a Fan and a business man are 2 ends of the same road, Emotions will take you one way where finances take you another...unless PW walks if results do not improve DC has a decision to make...does he stick or twist 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

Watching the England Aussie Womens semi final

The ladies trying to play football on the grass and passing and moving sometimes in tight areas

This is the modern way and more pleasing way to play football

Derby currently play an archaic anti football and that needs to change but will it ? 

I like Warne and personally don't want to see him go, I do however agree and think he needs to switch tactics. I can't really see how he got promoted with Rotherham if this was his style with them (guess work no idea). League 1 defenders really aren't that good, I'd say the one strength they have is being big and heading away, playing into channels and crossing all game is playing to their only strength. Run at them with pace we'll cause problems, we're a fine example of that we've signed defenders apparently too good for this league and they look like they've been scouted from a pub team how they crumble under a bit of pace and direct play.

Thinking about it rationally, I can't envisage a scenario this year where Warne gets the sack. The investment of a 4 year contract and our limited finances must be too large. However, I can see a scenario where the fan base becomes so toxic Warne can't handle the pressure and walks out. He'll resign if he doesn't right the ship in the next 10 games. You can see the fans turning already on him. He's not used to having 25,000 people boo or shout at him, and it must take its toll. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

8 minutes ago, LondonRam2 said:

This season so far is shaping up to be similar to last season.

On current form, we'll get very little from the top 6 teams but should be able to take 4 points from the 17 teams below 7th place.

17 teams x 4 points = 68.

In other words...erm...7th place again.

At least he’s consistent.

Lets not believe Warne cant always stop the rot, he does have 2 relegation's on his CV, 3 if you count 2017 as he was temp manager from November.

My worry is for the first time in a long time, when I watch us i am not sure what we are trying to do, well apart from lump it and hope we score from Set pieces. The centre backs he has brought in show he doesn't want to play passing football, they are awful on the ball.

3 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

He wowed people with his work at Rotherham, getting them promoted 3 times was like some sort of magic trick

That is the most misleading statement I constantly see about Warne since he landed at Derby - as you rightly say, it's almost like a magic trick at this stage. Below are Rotherham's last 9 seasons - 6 of them at Championship level & 3 of them at League One. Warne presided over 3 of those 6 Championship seasons & in every one, he relegated them. By contrast, Neil Redfearn, Neil Warnock & Matt Taylor (last season) kept them up in the respective seasons they were in charge.

Warne's promotions were all with a recent Championship squad - he did not build it from scratch, he had an inbuilt advantage with their recent division & returned them to where they had generally been. Stating 'promoted three times' sounds like successive promotions when in reality it was correcting his own poor performance from the season previously;

image.thumb.png.4a0b72f7b3857ecdc514ce41d4d1aa08.png

As to the general point about Warne's future, the atmosphere both in the ground & on social media suggest he is very much living on borrowed time. His failure to reach the playoffs in May was met with a very muted reaction as people seemed to believe the summer would allow him to put his imprint on the squad both from a personnel & a tactical standpoint. Having shown such patience after throwing away a playoff spot in Feb/March, there now appears to be delayed anger at the very poor start & I can't say I'm surprised.

Obviously the recruitment situation hasn't totally played out until the window closes but I have been thoroughly confused as to the direction of travel. We needed pace throughout the team, we needed midfield aggression & we have not addressed either. Warne's teams like to press high but we buy slow defenders who struggle against the counter attack. We lose a pivotal forward who gave us goals & creativity & replace him belatedly with two burly workhorses up top. Clowes says he has the budget to compete & I would trust that - Warne by contrast is now speaking in riddles on the radio about private reasons why all isn't as it seems. Not the kind of comments to help your future employment prospects when your team is playing so badly.

Well last night started the clock ticking for sure.

I’d say if things don’t improve over the next 5 games, then he’s out of options and it’s a case of does he walk, or does DC have to bite the bullet.

It’s starting to look like a bit of a lost cause. The midfield is a huge problem, no movement, not showing for passes, etc.

It was summed up at one point for me in the first half when Cash had the ball was looking for options with Hourihane and Smith stood within 2 meters of each other, Hourihane was  watching Cash and Smith was looking at floor, they were both stood behind an Oxford midfielder. Cash had no other option but to go long and give it away, as Oxford had the wingbacks covered.

If Warne can at least get the midfield to function it will ease the problems in other areas and we might slowly pick up performance-wise, however if he can’t fix that midfield in the next few weeks then he’s done.

4 hours ago, Taribo said:

The players didn't look happy in the tunnel before kick-off (at home, after a 3-0 win over our most important neighbours). To use the old football cliché: the dressing room has been lost.

How can he have lost the dressing room so early? What on earth is going on

49 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Is Warne living on borrowed time?...Yes!

There's an old saying in football...you're only as good as your last game, I went to the Wigan game but followed the other 2 home games on here, There's not too many posters I disagree with as most see it how it is, No sugar coating, No blinkers on just tell it how it is.

There's posters who have been positive over the summer and still as positive after the Blackpool game, But last night I get a feeling that PW is losing a lot of support from here, Is this a sign that DCFC fans in general are feeling the same...boooooing at home aint good, There's been those that have been vocal and negative for some time with PWs style of play...and to sum these posters up...they look to be right.

David Clowes the saviour of DCFC a year ago had better be aware...which I think he will be as he's a fan so he'll be know the feeling at this moment in time, He may have locked himself into a 4 year financial capsule where a sacking will cost, Being a Fan and a business man are 2 ends of the same road, Emotions will take you one way where finances take you another...unless PW walks if results do not improve DC has a decision to make...does he stick or twist 🤷‍♂️ 

I'd put myself in that bracket.  I was forgiving before but last night was shocking.  

Waghorn did look good; everyone else very much sub par.  

Think the end is nigh. 

Warne’s going to need a serious turn around to survive medium to long term. Even if our results even out, are people going to accept a 12th place finish with the inevitable poor performances that such a finish entails? 

There’s discussions to be had on recruitment, interview answers etc which we’ve started already. But if the fans feel as negative as they do now that isn’t going to change with a win against Fleetwood. Especially when Bolton and Peterborough are waiting around the corner.

Think from Warne’s demeanour he knows it too. However, he has the cushion of compensation to make his tears go away.

36 minutes ago, Gary Teale said:

Lets not believe Warne cant always stop the rot, he does have 2 relegation's on his CV, 3 if you count 2017 as he was temp manager from November.

My worry is for the first time in a long time, when I watch us i am not sure what we are trying to do, well apart from lump it and hope we score from Set pieces. The centre backs he has brought in show he doesn't want to play passing football, they are awful on the ball.

They are pretty awful at defending to.