Is Warne living on borrowed time?

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

Well you have got over 28,000 to choose from.🙄

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

image.png.160c2b34c3c915b99356bb613eba3a69.png

image.png.ec19d02769fad548dcace851c36e34ff.png

You've not done bad quantity wise in a couple of years. 🙄

Yeah, if he stopped going to all the matches he’d probably be posting more than me and you combined. Half-Forum member!

Watching the new Burnley doc & even though they ended up dominating the league in the end, their start to the season wasnt great, they won 3 of the first 9 games including not winning a home game until their 4th home game. They didnt really hit their stride until October.

These things take time, for some to be getting on Warne's back after 1 league game is crazy. Lets see where we are come October/November time & lets support the players....it wont do anyone any good getting on their backs this early in a season.

59 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Watching the new Burnley doc & even though they ended up dominating the league in the end, their start to the season wasnt great, they won 3 of the first 9 games including not winning a home game until their 4th home game. They didnt really hit their stride until October.

These things take time, for some to be getting on Warne's back after 1 league game is crazy. Lets see where we are come October/November time & lets support the players....it wont do anyone any good getting on their backs this early in a season.

The vast majority of fans are not going to get on Warneys  back this side of christmas. 

Paul Warnes barmy army will be the loudest chant from the South Stand for the next few home games.

You're all welcome to join in to help the club. Its free and feels really good to sing your heart out for the Rams.

Lets see how we get on in the 2nd game of the season!

11 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

I agree with your assessment about next season sadly. 

Its GSEx2, that said even though I agree I’m still going to be raging when we’re farting around in league 1 in 3 seasons time.

It’s not even GSE x2, even when they ran the club we still lost £8m a year and they plugged the gap. Clowes won’t do that. 

14 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

It’s not even GSE x2, even when they ran the club we still lost £8m a year and they plugged the gap. Clowes won’t do that. 

Hope he’s got some Arabian friends then. He talks about the last 30 years being underwhelming that isn’t going to change with a pocket of polos as our budget.

I can understand the sentiment of people saying it's only 2 games and he needs more time but that somewhat does right off the rest of his time here. The thing for me is that the more time that passes the more evidence stacks up in favor of niggling worries about his potential limitations and that some of his perceived strengths might not be present.

When he joined on the one hand you had his success at Rotherham, a seemingly good record at man management, experience in the division and that he would be able to build a young athletic team. On the other hand there were concerns over his style of play, his results in the Championship, whether he would be able to convert success from Rotherham and whether he head the necessary coaching ability in his staff.

He inherited a good squad and a 7th place finish was below par. Nothing awful but a finish were I think it was fair to ask questions. The bigger concerns for me though were less about the table. Tactically he looked limited, inflexible and like he had a naive view of the game. Coaching of players appeared to go backwards over the season who in a few cases looked rustier and more bereft of what to do as the season developed. And his management of player fitness levels was atrocious likely leading to unnecessary injuries. All of these factors played into the the poor results against decent teams. Frankly we were flat track bullies at best.

All of those issues have been front and centre in these first two games. So mix that with an uninspiring pre-season attaining players who won't likely kick on going into the championship and not really solving issues in the squad and mix in the interview from the other day. Its easy to feel less than enthusiastic about him as manager. 

At this point we've got enough evidence at his strengths and weaknesses and I don't think he's the right person going forwards. I think he could get us promoted eventually but I think in the process of it we will be set back quite significantly in our overall development and i think it will take a long time. Essentially I think it would cost a lot of the young talent at the club and we'd end up with a squad of aging journeymen. A squad in which we would find ourselves probably struggling to stay in the Championship especially given the lack of tactical and coaching acumen currently on display.

I said last year a view I'll reiterate. We need to look at things on the long term. We need to think how do we develop the club overall for sustainable success. How do we produce/acquire cheaply talent  and develop them so we aren't stuck at the whims of high fee spending to progress. How do we develop an identity and footballing ethos that allows the collective club to produce more than the sum of its parts. 

If you look at my previous posts i think its evident im not trigger happy. But at certain point you've got to cut your losses. The evidence points to Warne not fitting the remit and if finances allow I think it's time to move on in the hopes that we can retain the likes of Bird and salvage the rest of the rest of the transfer window.

Excellent post and very good analysis of the current situation in my view.

Are we developing as a club in the right direction not just in the short term but also in the longer term is it sustainable?

Like many others I was surprised by PW appointment and even a little disappointed that LR was not given more time. Progress has not been made under PW so far, there are concerns about our style of play and our younger players do not seem to be trusted.

I suspect that DC will sit tight and review our position around the turn of the year

On a match day I think it's borderline pathetic that this thread is still bubbling along (and now I'm adding to it).

One 'unlucky-ish' League defeat and fans are asking if we should move on.  Jumping from one new fangled answer to another is a large part of what got us here.

There really is no patience and it's been replaced by an incredible amount of wild supposition about what is /isn't happening behind the scenes. We (are) were 2 signings away from seemingly purchasing exactly what we needed. There is still plenty of time to do that. Talk of 'losing the dressing room' is mind boggling and even if true with 1 or 2 players then you back the manager and get rid.  

Really hope we win today and can shut this conversation down instead of always wishing for a miracle via the next big thing (Wilder, Simpson whoever).

Edited by Chester40

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

The vast majority of fans are not going to get on Warneys  back this side of christmas. 

Paul Warnes barmy army will be the loudest chant from the South Stand for the next few home games.

You're all welcome to join in to help the club. Its free and feels really good to sing your heart out for the Rams.

Lets see how we get on in the 2nd game of the season!

Genuine question not having a go. Sit in West Upper mainly because we're near South Stand so get to join in singing but can see (i cant stand for a match) but it just doesnt seem the same at the moment in terms of getting the atmosphere going and wonder why you think that might be? Does it feel the same in south stand or do you notice to? Is 21 points the Didzy of songs and its hard to replace to get everything started? Thank you

Warne will still be here for at least the next 3 years. His objectives provided by DC at the start of his 4 and a half year contract remain. It isn’t mandated that promotion must be attained in his second season (if it happens, then great); it’s about long term rebuilding of the club from what amounted to a large pile of ash. 

Just now, Abu Derby said:

Warne will still be here for at least the next 3 years. His objectives provided by DC at the start of his 4 and a half year contract remain. It isn’t mandated that promotion must be attained in his second season (if it happens, then great); it’s about long term rebuilding of the club from what amounted to a large pile of ash. 

I think you need to listen to his interview on Radio Derby where he is asked what the plan is if we don't go up this year and he says "that's a question for the next manager as I doubt it will still be me"

5 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

On a match day I think it's borderline pathetic that this thread is still bubbling along (and now I'm adding to it).

One 'unlucky-ish' League defeat and fans are asking if we should move on.  Jumping from one new fangled answer to another is a large part of what got us here.

There really is no patience and it's been replaced by an incredible amount of wild supposition about what is /isn't happening behind the scenes. We (are) were 2 signings away from seemingly purchasing exactly what we needed. There is still plenty of time to do that. Talk of 'losing the dressing room' is mind boggling and even if true with 1 or 2 players then you back the manager and get rid.  

Really hope we win today and can shut this conversation down instead of always wishing for a miracle via the next big thing (Wilder, Simpson whoever).

To be fair as usual me included its gone off at lots of tangents!