Twitter Rebrand to 𝕏

Day

𝕏

That's it. Goodbye to 17 years of branding, no more Twitter, Tweets, Retweets, just 𝕏.

Not an X that they can copyright either as it's just a unicode character which someone claimed they created and Elon liked.

https://www.compart.com/en/unicode/U+1D54F

Businesses rebrand all the time, nothing new, this one is terrible though as they try to become the "everything app"

Β 

1 hour ago, David said:

𝕏

That's it. Goodbye to 17 years of branding, no more Twitter, Tweets, Retweets, just 𝕏.

Not an X that they can copyright either as it's just a unicode character which someone claimed they created and Elon liked.

https://www.compart.com/en/unicode/U+1D54F

Businesses rebrand all the time, nothing new, this one is terrible though as they try to become the "everything app"

Β 

He’s trying to copy WeChat.Β 

Question is, who on earth would want someone like Musk in control of literally all of your personal data?

For years fans and critics alike have pushed twitter to dream bigger, to innovate faster.Β 

I would like to ask 'twitter fans' if this is true. And as a critic I don't think I've pushed twitter to do anything. Just wish it fecked off into oblivion as it's the most toxic of "socials"Β 

Do fans buy merchandise?

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

I was thinking earlier, you know what this forum needs?Β  Another twitter thread πŸ˜›

Ah well, at least some folk have finally got the twitter killer they've been longing for...

Good point. All the conversation around what will finally kill twitter, will it be mastodon, will it be bluesky, will it be threads.Β 

Not many people thought it would be suicide.Β 

5 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Try and make a case why this latest thing is a good decision. I think even you would struggle on this one.

It's like Tanoy changing the name of their loudspeakers to ~

And it has to be good enough to justify breaking Microsoft'copyright.Β RDT_20230725_0532565635721958833906600.thumb.jpg.80b0dd7ca64d11c72b47bb57db9f5376.jpg

8 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Try and make a case why this latest thing is a good decision. I think even you would struggle on this one.

It's like Tanoy changing the name of their loudspeakers to ~

Musk tweeted last year he was going to change it to an everything app so not sure what the fuss is all about TBH.

Β 

Β 

Edited by cstand

18 hours ago, maxjam said:

Β 

I was thinking earlier, you know what this forum needs?Β  Another twitter thread

Β 

This isn’t a three about Twitter though, it’s a thread about X.Β 

What do they mean by an everything app anyway?

"Tweets" replaced by "x's". It's effectively trying to turn X into a verb. I've never tweeted and I can't see myself x-ing any time soon.

It feels to me like this is some weird experiment by Musk as to how many things he can do to deliberately screw up the company - and yet keep it alive.