Twitter Rebrand to 𝕏

Day

26 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Just so I am clear - Twitter is still Twitter, but the message symbol will be an X rather than a bird? Not sure why that is so important. It’s still Twitter. Did we lose lots of fans when the Ram was redesigned on our shirt all those years ago?

Well, no, Twitter is not still Twitter. It's now X, 'the cornerstone of the soon to be 'everyday / everything' app suite' that none of us knew we needed. You've clearly not been paying attention. Tutt-tutt.

Also, a rather more reasoned and credible footy analogy might be when Wimbledon re-branded and moved to Milton Keynes, in which case the correct answer to your hypothetical query, would be, yes, they lost a shitload of fans, most of them in fact, in much the same way as Derby would if they moved the club eastside and rebranded us the Romford Rams.

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Well, no, Twitter is not still Twitter. It's now X, 'the cornerstone of the soon to be 'everyday / everything' app suite' that none of us knew we needed. You've clearly not been paying attention. Tutt-tutt.

Also, a rather more reasoned and credible footy analogy might be when Wimbledon re-branded and moved to Milton Keynes, in which case the correct answer to your hypothetical query, would be, yes, they lost a shitload of fans, most of them in fact, in much the same way as Derby would if they moved the club eastside and rebranded us the Romford Rams.

So are we sending tutt-tutts instead of tweets now?

Might be more appropriate naming.

7 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I have never used, or followed Twitter, and my whole social media input is limited to this site. I rely on your ever insightful analogies to keep me in touch with what kids are up to nowadays. Thank you.

I've never "done twitter", in the true sense, but I was partial to clicking on the links kindly provided by some posters on here, and perusing the follow up comments etc... until I got bored, of course.

Β 

I've noticed however, that for the past few weeks (even when it was still "Twitter"), such comments can no longer be accessed.

I presume they require you to actually sign up now, do they, to attain such privileges?Β Β πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Β 

If that's the case, I'll just refrain from clicking on the aforementioned links kindly posted on here, and just make do with whatever is on view directly in the forum post, as limited as that may be.Β  I'm not THAT fussed!Β Β 

Β 

Edited by Mucker1884

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

And yet here you are...Β 

You're very welcome old chap.

Always delighted to be of service 😘

I am grateful for your help, genuinely. I have never used, or followed Twitter, and therefore the insight you gave me, with your analogy, helps me understand better the current state of play with rebranding of the said medium. Thank you. And thank you @Stive Pesley too for your giggles. You guys ❀️

You Shouldnt Have Ben Stiller GIF

On 02/08/2023 at 15:21, 86 Hair Islands said:

Another new 'feature' 🀣

Β 

Is this for those people who want the premium features, but don’t want to admit they’ve sold out by giving Elon money. That’s weird. That’s like hitler saying, β€˜you don’t have to tell your friends you’re a nazi, if you give us a bit more money, we’ll let you put the tattoo on your arse instead of your forehead.’

10 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Is this for those people who want the premium features, but don’t want to admit they’ve sold out by giving Elon money. That’s weird. That’s like hitler saying, β€˜you don’t have to tell your friends you’re a nazi, if you give us a bit more money, we’ll let you put the tattoo on your arse instead of your forehead.’

I think the bloke is a ringpiece, but I'm going to be subscribing to Twitter Blue for work reasons pretty soon. I'm not going to feel bad about paying $8 a month, as it's hardly going to move the needle. Plus he's not exactly the devil reincarnated.

I can see why people subscribe, and they probably can't be arsed with the grief they get for doing it tbf.

29 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think the bloke is a ringpiece, but I'm going to be subscribing to Twitter Blue for work reasons pretty soon. I'm not going to feel bad about paying $8 a month, as it's hardly going to move the needle. Plus he's not exactly the devil reincarnated.

I can see why people subscribe, and they probably can't be arsed with the grief they get for doing it tbf.

Just out of interest, what are the Blue features they are offering that you need as a business?

5 minutes ago, David said:

Just out of interest, what are the Blue features they are offering that you need as a business?

I'm planning on becoming the go-to guy for glamping opportunities on my professional Twitter account. So various reasons, including adding legitimacy, allowing for longer posts (which I believe are being favoured by the algorithm over threads), ranking highly in replies and search, etc.

I don't like it but $8 a month is nowhere near enough to feel guilty about.