James Collins

Keepyuppy

6 hours ago, inter politics said:

We knew TJJ had a poor injury record. We knew Waghorn and Washington were/are injured and are older players with histories of muscle injuries. We loaned Browne out...

It isn't unfortunate. It's either poor planning or lack of implementation. I'm all for praising our great club when deserved but this was a big error from the club. Can't change it now but don't pretend it wasn't a mistake (not you, the club themselves).

Everyone going on about Jan window but the biggest error was Wags/Wash in summer - nothing against either in particular but how could anyone really be excited by their signings? 

Edited by CBRammette

6 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Everyone going on about Jan window but the biggest error was Wags/Wash in summer - nothing against either in particular but how could anyone really be excited by their signings? 

Plenty were when Waghorn had his little purple patch before getting injured.

Washington was always a risk as he was injured, but is Waghorn's injury record that bad? He could easily have had a similar impact as McGoldrick at this level if he'd stayed fit.

As we saw in Jan, the market we are shopping in isn't great, we can't get any better with our budget with those willing to come, hopefully there will be more wiggle room in the summer.

9 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Plenty were when Waghorn had his little purple patch before getting injured.

Washington was always a risk as he was injured, but is Waghorn's injury record that bad? He could easily have had a similar impact as McGoldrick at this level if he'd stayed fit.

As we saw in Jan, the market we are shopping in isn't great, we can't get any better with our budget with those willing to come, hopefully there will be more wiggle room in the summer.

It’s not even about better in Jan for me. 

I’d rather prime Theo Robinson up top tomorrow than force one of our wingers too have to do it.

4 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

It’s not even about better in Jan for me. 

I’d rather prime Theo Robinson up top tomorrow than force one of our wingers too have to do it.

Thee-ooooo

Thee-ooooo....

The speed of a cheetah, the coordination of a new-born giraffe and the relative mental capacity of a diplodocus...

6 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Well I wouldn't say Washington was an exciting signing but with his record at this level he looked a decent signing.

As for Waghorn you may want to revisit what people were saying after his hat trick at Peterborough. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well I wouldn't say Washington was an exciting signing but with his record at this level he looked a decent signing.

As for Waghorn you may want to revisit what people were saying after his hat trick at Peterborough. 

To be fair people wouldn’t be questioning the signing after a hat trick. 

Personally I was under whelmed by our forward signings. Maybe we’ve been unlucky to lose three out of four to injury but not addressing the farce of deadline day isn’t looking a smart move. 

Just now, TomTom92 said:

To be fair people wouldn’t be questioning the signing after a hat trick. 

Personally I was under whelmed by our forward signings. Maybe we’ve been unlucky to lose three out of four to injury but not addressing the farce of deadline day isn’t looking a smart move. 

Why was it a farce?

Warne stated there was nobody out there that would improve us that was within our budget.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Why was it a farce?

Warne stated there was nobody out there that would improve us that was within our budget.

Like I’ve said about 4 comments back.

At that stage sign one of the freebies up til the end of the season. Madness we’re relying on Collins not to be out for the season in order to go up.

31 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Warne Haters: 'We've got the best squad and biggest budget, we should be walking this league'

Also Warne Haters: 'We should have signed more players'

We had one fit striker and didn't sign any back up.  The talk was about improving the squad. Well when you're backup is Barkhiuzen bringing in any striker with experience is an improvement.  So irrespective of whatever anyone thinks about the size and strength of the squad it was an obvious error.  Wouldn't necessarily have been solely a PW decision so has no relation to hating Warne in my opinion.  

Edited by Blondest Goat

If jc is out and we are lacking a number 9 then we play a front 3 with nml , cbt and barks buzzing round and interchanging, bird sitting behind them linking and threading passes , we can still get wide with lower pulled back crosses too , yes we need to change it up a bit but these are decent players with pace and can finish ,,, 

coyr

2 hours ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Chris Martin was never going to go anywhere other than Bristol City or another team in that area.

He went to QPR when we needed a centre forward last season in January 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

If jc is out and we are lacking a number 9 then we play a front 3 with nml , cbt and barks buzzing round and interchanging, bird sitting behind them linking and threading passes , we can still get wide with lower pulled back crosses too , yes we need to change it up a bit but these are decent players with pace and can finish ,,, 

coyr

We gotta just adapt and move on. Ideally we'd only have to push through final 5/6 games but at the stage people just have to pull together and sort a system out to make it work.