Kane Wilson - Signed on a 2 year deal

Kernow

Brilliant signing, on a free a year after being League 2 player of fhe year. Provides cover/competition to both wing back positions.

7 really good signings for this level with no transfer fee spent, time to get a firat choice forward in to show our intent. Defensively we look solid now, maybe a CB short if we decide to send Rooney out on loan.

30 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

These late night announcements are weird, but I'm not gonna complain while we keep making solid signings!

Norwich Exile, I am similarly exiled but  take solace as a member of the Norfolk Rams. Join us if u are feeling in need of some local support for your addiction (and loads of alcohol at away games!)

On 27/06/2023 at 21:27, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

So after 12 months showing his quality in the championship, world cup, international friendlies etc etc yawn.  He's got his big move to were he started 12 months ago.  Does this mean he's not the superstar he thinks he is and has huge delusions of grandeur.  That shop window must have needed a good clean. 

Thank good he's gone with his back of narcissism.

11 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Certain midfielders have certain attributes.  Hughes for example had a game on quick movement and quick weighted passing. That knee injury when he'd been told to do a bit more tackling made him 50% of the player.. Knight's game is tackling and energy.  By the time he's 25 and filled out a bit he'll be a beast if he stays free of serious injury.  Always a chance with the amount he puts in.

i love knight but when people talk about him turning into a beast I don’t get it    He’s a terrier, a small one at that. His ball skills and decision making will hopefully improve but unlikely he’s going to morph all of a sudden into an Irish wolfhound. And the more he does what he does well, the less chance there is that this unnatural transformation will occur 

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

i love knight but when people talk about him turning into a beast I don’t get it    He’s a terrier, a small one at that. His ball skills and decision making will hopefully improve but unlikely he’s going to morph all of a sudden into an Irish wolfhound. And the more he does what he does well, the less chance there is that this unnatural transformation will occur 

Hendrick was skin and bone till he got to 24.  Came back from Euro 16 like the wild man of Borneo and spent 3 games smashing crap out the likes of Stephens at Brighton.  Most blokes put on a good 15-18 pound in weight between 22-25.  If he turns that to muscle, avoids injury and actually plays in midfield he'll be a steal.

20 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Hendrick was skin and bone till he got to 24.  Came back from Euro 16 like the wild man of Borneo and spent 3 games smashing crap out the likes of Stephens at Brighton.  Most blokes put on a good 15-18 pound in weight between 22-25.  If he turns that to muscle, avoids injury and actually plays in midfield he'll be a steal.

Knight v Hendrick?  Irish terrier v Irish setter. Different breeds, body types so different development 

43 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Knight v Hendrick?  Irish terrier v Irish setter. Different breeds, body types so different development 

We got very lucky with Hendrick - an ok footballer that hit somewhat of a purple patch and we were able to make a lot of money off him. When you actually look at his career - he’s had one good year, 14/15, the rest of the time he’s been average to below average. Four goals last season was actually his best return since then which speaks volumes. 

He’s never been more than a Championship level footballer, at best. I expect Knight to have somewhat of a similar career. Hendrick is a better footballer technically, but Knight has a better engine. Hendrick could disappear in games too, tendency to hide and keep his head down. Long spells playing very safe but would pop up with a moment of magic. 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Jeff Hendrick was a muscular guy well before he was 24. He is quite tall too a much bigger unit than Knight ever will be. 

24 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Belgian for me please. Stoofvlees met frietjes followed by a bottle of St Bernardus Abt 12 is just the ticket.

Post match I presume. Pre match and you’ll have a limited recollection of the 90 minutes methinks  

Drunk Beer GIF