Kane Wilson - Signed on a 2 year deal

Kernow

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It was a crazy time under Pearson as we had some very good players - what was it about ten games and it seemed like we didn’t score a league goal ( maybe one😆) which wasn’t a surprise as he seemed to play everyone in unfamiliar positions or simply didn’t play them. 
I hated watching that 

There were games in that run though where I have no idea how we didn't win.  Ipswich at home springs to mind where lost 1-0.  Should have won by 10.

44 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Has he? He's got 19 goal contributions in 4 years.

He's a good player man, but he's not exactly productive in front of goal.

Let’s be fair here, he has been so good that he was able to cover so many positions at a time when all our players were leaving/sold and the replacements were someone else’s retirees or unemployed. He helped the team so much that it hurt his own profile, I wish him well because of what he gave us.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

There were games in that run though where I have no idea how we didn't win.  Ipswich at home springs to mind where lost 1-0.  Should have won by 10.

I can’t actually remember that one but then again we played ipswich so many times and lost when we seemed to batter  them 

Edited by Sparkle

Well this kid Kane certainly has a full range of tricks and lots of ability looking at his YouTube clips. Looks a very exciting prospect for me - I think it’s a brilliant piece of business. I’m never going to be negative about Knight, as he’s been great for us and his Utility status has been brilliant in filling in varying positions. However his varied position diversity, for me, has meant he’s no ever excelled in any one position and made it his own, which is the reason he’s  not gone for huge money and no Prem team has ever had him on their radar. Even at international level he’s a fill in utility player. I wish him well though and will be as pleased as anyone if he proves me wrong. 
His sale and money used correctly could be the catalyst that takes the club back up and that is they bigger picture 🐏😃

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

Has he? He's got 19 goal contributions in 4 years.

He's a good player man, but he's not exactly productive in front of goal.

Didn't score 6 goals in 1800 minutes in his breakthrough season?

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

If Jason Knight is played as a holding midfielder then that may be the worst decision Nigel Pearson has made as manager. And he’s the guy who not only sold Will Hughes for £4.5m, but also spent pretty much all of that money on Ikechi Anya.

According to Transfermarkt (I checked as I wanted to make sure what I was saying was right) he's played 80 of his career games as a central midfielder, and scored 13 goals.

That's where he's expected to sign for us, the position he's played most?

It's not really a holding role, he's going to play as an 8 in a 4-2-3-1.

28 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Let’s be fair here, he has been so good that he was able to cover so many positions at a time when all our players were leaving/sold and the replacements were someone else’s retirees or unemployed. He helped the team so much that it hurt his own profile, I wish him well because of what he gave us.

I am being fair. He's a good player who I like a lot and one who I'm sad to see leave. I also note your point about him having played multiple positions, which is also fair.

But I'm tempering expectations here - if Bristol are signing him to score goals, they've most likely got this one wrong. Even when we did play him as a number 8 or further forward, he still wasn't as productive as you would like.

On the other hand, if they're signing him to provide some energy in the middle of the park - someone who will battle away and carry the team up the pitch - then they've nailed it. Well done, Nigel Pearson.

20 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Ah yes, so it was. I’ve just associated most absurd decisions with Pearson it seems.

Well, I think he was the one who signed Ikechi Anya so you're justified there 😉

2 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I am being fair. He's a good player who I like a lot and one who I'm sad to see leave. I also note your point about him having played multiple positions, which is also fair.

But I'm tempering expectations here - if Bristol are signing him to score goals, they've most likely got this one wrong. Even when we did play him as a number 8 or further forward, he still wasn't as productive as you would like.

On the other hand, if they're signing him to provide some energy in the middle of the park - someone who will battle away and carry the team up the pitch - then they've nailed it. Well done, Nigel Pearson.

👍 yep I never mentioned anything about scoring goals - he will get some for sure but he won’t turn into a Frank Lampard in that department 

20 minutes ago, JJH said:

According to Transfermarkt (I checked as I wanted to make sure what I was saying was right) he's played 80 of his career games as a central midfielder, and scored 13 goals.

all his youtube clips are playing RB

Transfernarkt have him down a RB and occasonial RM

Just now, sage said:

all his youtube clips are playing RB

Transfernarkt have him down a RB and occasonial RM

Are you on about Kane Wilson here, I assume? I was responding to a comment about Jason Knight, think we're getting the two confused here. 

5 minutes ago, JJH said:

Are you on about Kane Wilson here, I assume? I was responding to a comment about Jason Knight, think we're getting the two confused here. 

Sorry, with it being the Kane Wilson thread...

I've been on here long enough to know better

Just now, sage said:

Sorry, with it being the Kane Wilson thread...

I've been on here long enough to know better

Apologies, I did come on this thread to post about Wilson but I just responded to a question I was asked by one of your fans.

1 hour ago, JJH said:

He’d probably be best off in an 8 role, he would suit a more advanced, box to box role. When you said holding, I assumed you meant as a DM. His biggest asset is his engine and his ability to run. He’s not a player you’d have sitting in a fixed position to break up play or control things with passing.

One of his problems with us is that because he can just run, he’s been used in so many different roles. I do actually think he would be well suited to a wing back role. He’s not good enough defensively to be a defender, not technical enough to be a forward.