Kane Wilson - Signed on a 2 year deal

Kernow

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Id like to see a real wrecking ball of a midfielder.. modern day daryll powell sort of thing

that said weve got smith now available in the midfield mix really like him as a player tbh 

Agree.  Our midfielders are all a bit similar.  At times last season we lost the midfield battler.  Every good team needs that bit of grit in there who’s prepared to do the nasty stuff and let the others play.

4 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

Crikey, if we've paid nowt for him just how bad was Bolton's offer then??!

Still say that move collapsed when the Mighty Rams became a destination option as part of the Knight negotiations.

I think it's a case of you wanted £2m for Knight, we wanted £250k for Wilson (that's what Bolton wouldn't meet), and we've ended up getting Knight for £1.75m (as per our local press).

Adds up to me.

1 hour ago, JJH said:

I think it's a case of you wanted £2m for Knight, we wanted £250k for Wilson (that's what Bolton wouldn't meet), and we've ended up getting Knight for £1.75m (as per our local press).

Adds up to me.

May well be the case, which smells at you needing to pay a sell on to FGR if we actually paid any money - a bit harsh to a smaller club?

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

May well be the case, which smells at you needing to pay a sell on to FGR if we actually paid any money - a bit harsh to a smaller club?

He moved on a tribunal awards £100k, but was essentially a free transfer as was out of contract. They couldn’t put a sell on fee in there I don’t think?

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I expect this lad to be a substitute mainly with ward the starter and when Mendiz Lang goes off after his 60-65 minutes ward will move into mendiz position when wide right and at wing back wilson will come on 

Mendez-Laing won’t be playing wide right. That position doesn’t exist when we play with wing backs. 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I expect this lad to be a substitute mainly with ward the starter and when Mendiz Lang goes off after his 60-65 minutes ward will move into mendiz position when wide right and at wing back wilson will come on 

I think Wilson will start more often than NML who is best suited as an impact player IMO. 

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

He moved on a tribunal awards £100k, but was essentially a free transfer as was out of contract. They couldn’t put a sell on fee in there I don’t think?

Usually tribunals will award some kind of sell on clause in deals too - Fulham was compensated with a £4.3m figure for Harvey Elliott, as well as a 20% sell on clause. 

39 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Couldn’t care less about Forest Green in fairness mate. In fact I’d be quite happy if we’ve done it just so we don’t line that bellend of an owner’s pockets. 

53 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Apologies if this has been posted. Nice way to prep the guys on the new signing. Interesting throw away comment right at the end "there'll be some new faces going forward..." then moves on very quickly. 

https://twitter.com/dcfcofficial/status/1678685203341139969?t=OA4b15l5AYMOfDxyjfqBvA&s=19

Not the most inspirational introduction from PW but I hope he proves an exciting addition.

Looking forward to the other new additions.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

NML will be playing for one of the three places at the top end of the pitch. Wilson will be competing with Ward for RWB. 

He'll miss Knight doing the leg work behind him.  A different player when he was full back just 10 yards from him all the time.  He'll be an impact player this year based on international commitments and fresher legs.  He should actually start the season well based on actively using muscles in competitive games already but it will catch up.