Twitching

i-Ram

13 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Here's a crazy thought for all you worry worts, maybe just maybe before giving away a contract for x amount of years and x amount of £, Warne has a few players training with us to see if they'd one be fit and two fit in? 

I see your thinking, but in general, the players you get training with you (aka on trial) don't tend to be highly sought after. They tend to be kids released out of academies or olduns without many takers. 

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

I see your thinking, but in general, the players you get training with you (aka on trial) don't tend to be highly sought after. They tend to be kids released out of academies or olduns without many takers. 

Complete guess work by myself but I think we're in a bit of a different time. There seems to be a lot of good players being released by teams, running to the end of contracts, more sought after free agents than there used to be. Also going off Warnes interview character and fitting in seems to be high on his agenda which could take a week or two to find out.

7 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

You mean like a “Try before you Buy” type set up . Could catch on and do away with scouting all together. I’m sure Arsenal would have liked that before paying £100,000,000 for Rice.

Absolutely.....at that crazy price Arsenal are surely in for a dose of 'buyers regret' 

As by far the leading club in the division with, according to our chairman, a healthy budget, its a shame if we need to consider loaning anyone. We have professional people whos job it is to find talent from anywhere in the world for the short or long term benifit of the club. I'll wait a little longer before I start twitching but I'm very suprised we havent completed the vast majority of our business early.

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

Now that we are all calm and stable as a club, i was hoping we would do our business early. We know what we need, have done since we played Sheff Wed. Season starts in 4 weeks, i would ideally like the forwards in place for tactical reasons. Last season going forward the way Warne wanted, his message got lost/not carried out, due to not having the right players in. Could be another midnight at the end of august type of window, which would be disappointing. 

7 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

As by far the leading club in the division with, according to our chairman, a healthy budget, its a shame if we need to consider loaning anyone. We have professional people whos job it is to find talent from anywhere in the world for the short or long term benifit of the club. I'll wait a little longer before I start twitching but I'm very suprised we havent completed the vast majority of our business early.

i agree. i would have liked to see us be proactive after we would have known a long time ago mcgoldrick would have been departing, to see no movement yet is disappointing.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nervous The Big Bang Theory GIF

I'm thinking I might need to join in after reading PW's latest interview about strikers.

Exactly this, PW keeps meeting players but nothing much is materialising. PW got away with a poor Jan because people made the excuse that Jan is hard to recruit. No excuses for now though. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

ROFL. I can feel that happening to me! 

I guess it won't be as bad as we fear but still I'm hoping for a good striker to sign. Not Collins, Washington and a cheap deal. 😄

I don't like the sound of possibly going with just the 3 either! 😬

Collins, Washington & Harris 😂

19 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I don't like the sound of possibly going with just the 3 either! 😬

Collins, Washington & Harris 😂

Neither do I but we’ve gone into seasons with grand expensive signings and been just as s****. So let’s go.