Twitching

i-Ram

13 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Come on then, be truthful, who is worried that Warne is struggling to find or convince any decent strikers to sign for us for the coming season. Conor Washington they yell. Prosecution rests its case.

So as we know .. the players (not just derby) returned back to training what 2 days ago.

how many conversations are being had around all football clubs, how many futures are being decided, how many squad lists are being drawn up.

how much business has been done by anyone. 
weve brought 4 players in already.!

warne has already said he could have signed 8, 9, 10 players by now but wants the right ones … so theres ur answer

he said selling derby isnt even remotely an issue… for obvious reasons and we all know that

so be patient theres a helluva lot still to happen 

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

So as we know .. the players (not just derby) returned back to training what 2 days ago.

how many conversations are being had around all football clubs, how many futures are being decided, how many squad lists are being drawn up.

how much business has been done by anyone. 
weve brought 4 players in already.!

warne has already said he could have signed 8, 9, 10 players by now but wants the right ones … so theres ur answer

he said selling derby isnt even remotely an issue… for obvious reasons and we all know that

so be patient theres a helluva lot still to happen 

You mistake me for someone who is impatient. I am more simply underwhelmed, and if I choose to be underwhelmed that is fine. My therapist has confirmed that. He also told me to ignore bullet point comments with no capitalisation and poor use of punctuation. The traits of a madman supposedly.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

You mistake me for someone who is impatient. I am more simply underwhelmed, and if I choose to be underwhelmed that is fine. My therapist has confirmed that. He also told me to ignore bullet point comments with no capitalisation and poor use of punctuation. The traits of a madman supposedly.

You alright Ped?

D287658A-B00F-40DB-A83C-83A9AA62F0DE.jpeg

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I am more simply underwhelmed

Hear you. Just not sure anyone can say anything to get you excited.

It's League 1.

I'll be honest, out of all the names linked be it journalists, bedroom ITK's, nothing is getting my juices flowing.

Even the signings I'm looking at and saying ok, let's see how they get on.

That's not on the players themselves, nor is it on Warne, truth is there is very little that can genuinely excite a club of this size that is not used to being down at this level.

Relaxed is where I'm at though, Warne is no mug at this level and even if the signings don't give the WOW factor, I have no doubts he knows what's required and building just that.

1 minute ago, David said:

It's League 1.

I'll be honest, out of all the names linked be it journalists, bedroom ITK's, nothing is getting my juices flowing.

That's not on the players themselves, nor is it on Warne, truth is there is very little that can genuinely excite a club of this size that is not used to being down at this level.

Relaxed is where I'm at though, Warne is no mug at this level and even if the signings don't give the WOW factor, I have no doubts he knows what's required and building just that.

Understandable but it is at least comforting to see that the whole market, especially in this division, isn’t really moving. Other than Bolton, almost no teams have really done any business and it’s only big Prem clubs (and Leicester) who have made signings that raise eyebrows.

I’m the most confident I have been in years that we will get the right deals done. Especially following the appointment of Mark Thomas and Clowes’ comments yesterday about our budget 👍

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Understandable but it is at least comforting to see that the whole market, especially in this division, isn’t really moving. Other than Bolton, almost no teams have really done any business and it’s only big Prem clubs (and Leicester) who have made signings that raise eyebrows.

I’m the most confident I have been in years that we will get the right deals done. Especially following the appointment of Mark Thomas and Clowes’ comments yesterday about our budget 👍

Championship as well, what we're seeing is the after effects from Covid, clubs were haemorrhaging money before that, with a season of no revenue it will be another season before we start to see the cash flow. 

It's only the Premier League big boys that are going wild. 

I am twitching. Warne has come from the lower echelons of the game, and doesn't seem to have any of the contacts high up, who might supply us with an impressive loan. He seemed a little fawning over Klopp last season. And about Bielik going to the World Cup. That said, the issue with almost all loans is that these are the final deals of the transfer window, after all the other deals are concluded.

I presumed him and his team, having worked at Rotherham, would have very detailed knowledge of the lower leagues and be able to pluck the players we likely need. If you're in the lower leagues and Derby County comes calling, you would be there in a shot. But no one has come and I would be massively surprised if Conor Washington is the answer to our needs.

It seems most likely to me that either we're struggling to sign someone, or we're waiting for the money to come in and then will try to splash the cash. Am a little anxious at the stage. But I'm heartened we brought defenders in early, which suggests we know our targets and it's still a case of wondering if Knight, for instance, will follow Bielik out of the door, before we make our move.

2 hours ago, David said:

It's League 1.

And this is the point.. its league one and we’re not dishing out contracts like we did under mel and getting overpriced players that might only be coming for the meal ticket that we were under mel… but they were names that got us excited 

i reckon theres going to be a lot of underwhelmed fans

but probably the same ones that were moaning when we we’re spunking money away on the likes of blackman, butterfield et al that we should be recruiting from lower league and more smartly 🤷

Not sure the club can ever win 

Edited by NottsRam77

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Did you prefer it when we we’re spunking millions away on the likes of nick blackman and jacob butterfield because you had heard of them?

3 hours ago, David said:

It's League 1.

If Michelle Keegan whispered something in my ear that would get me excited.

Time will tell David whether Warne can excite me. I fear he is building a functional squad that simply suits his basic skill set. He should get us up, but I thought that last season, but l fear it is going to be hard on the eyes. You can take the boy out of Rovrum, but there is an awful lot of Rovrum still in the boy. 

16 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

If Michelle Keegan whispered something in my ear that would get me excited.

Time will tell David whether Warne can excite me. I fear he is building a functional squad that simply suits his basic skill set. He should get us up, but I thought that last season, but l fear it is going to be hard on the eyes. You can take the boy out of Rovrum, but there is an awful lot of Rovrum still in the boy. 

I sense you haven’t watched anywhere near enough Rotherham to make the assumptions you do. 

21 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Come on then, be truthful, who is worried that Warne is struggling to find or convince any decent strikers to sign for us for the coming season. Conor Washington they yell. Prosecution rests its case.

As I don't want to banned, this is the only thing I can really reply with...

For Real Seriously GIF by Harlem

22 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I can't tell if this is a genuine concern or a sign that we are craving the only off-season fix available: wow-factor signings.

Defence, about to cry "Objection Your Honour: hearsay" keeps mouth shut as Prosecution rests case prematurely without having produced a credible argument or reliable witness.