Twitching

i-Ram

6 minutes ago, YouRams said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/peterborough-united-announce-somewhat-surprising-jonson-clarke-harris-news/

Think you'll be right on the champ club Tuesday unfortunately. Sure the £5m tag will be reduced with him having only a year left but still think he'll be out our budget.

Month old that story and he’s still a ‘boro player. Not saying your wrong and I never go in for the “it came to me in a dream” ballcocks, just a hunch.

9 hours ago, YouRams said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/peterborough-united-announce-somewhat-surprising-jonson-clarke-harris-news/

Think you'll be right on the champ club Tuesday unfortunately. Sure the £5m tag will be reduced with him having only a year left but still think he'll be out our budget.

Didn't realise they 'wanted' £5m for him. I don't think we need to be paying those sorts of sums to ensure we get some goals scored. Would rather risk £300k on Bonis and stick with Collins (*eek*) tbh.

£5M for C-H is OTT considering he's into the last year of his contract. When you look at us being allowed to pay "moderate" fees, I think moderate for L1 is somewhere around half a million maximum. The lad may well go for £3M but that is way more than a "moderate" fee. Out of our price range.

1 minute ago, MadAmster said:

£5M for C-H is OTT considering he's into the last year of his contract. When you look at us being allowed to pay "moderate" fees, I think moderate for L1 is somewhere around half a million maximum. The lad may well go for £3M but that is way more than a "moderate" fee. Out of our price range.

Let’s see what they get shall we - maybe they will maybe they won’t but historically they have done very well with transfer fees but the financial world in EFL football is different and he’s not going to the premiership. We will probably see him still playing at Peterborough this coming season if they can’t get near what they want for him.

Just now, hintonsboots said:

May and Nombe.

I must admit I don’t know much about Nombe, but in comparison to other viable options he’s exciting. 

I agree May seems to have the X factor but we don’t seem to keen and Gillingham are close to signing him.

Think who we get in the final third will make or break us. So far so quiet on who we’re actually after.

10 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I must admit I don’t know much about Nombe, but in comparison to other viable options he’s exciting. 

I agree May seems to have the X factor but we don’t seem to keen and Gillingham are close to signing him.

Think who we get in the final third will make or break us. So far so quiet on who we’re actually after.

Agree. Maybe we can’t finalise signings until Knight future sorted ?

38 minutes ago, Srg said:

Wouldn't pay any more than £500k for him and that's at a push. Peterborough know their stuff on strikers, and you can count on a finger or two the amount that go on to do anything at other clubs.

What are the Boro stats like on freebie wing-backs? To be fair Strikers are always the hardest players to find. They can change a season single handed.

Peterborough will get a decent fee for this bloke.  Even if he gets a championship move and only gets 10-12 goals, that could be the difference between staying up or a playoff spot and is well worth a couple of million, even if it's broken down .  500k to 1 million talk is the consensus of the fact we are used to selling our assets for 10p and some sherbet dib dabs over the last few years.  As a fan base, we've seen players leave on frees for years, due to spending and letting contracts run down and two years of administration mess.  We're 6 years out the loop.

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

There’s been quite a few forwards rumoured/mentioned. I would imagine we will look to sign a couple of strikers at least.

With that in mind. Which 2 would people want us to bring in?

jutkiewicz and Tyler Walker

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Agree. Maybe we can’t finalise signings until Knight future sorted ?

I don't think we have to wait for any sales before finalising signings. Why?

We had a business plan, agreed to by the EFL. We did not exceed that budget so we will have some cash in the bank. On top of that, the business plan budget was based on 17K gates. We averaged more than 27K, that's >10K per game. At 20 quid a throw that's around £6M.

When we can only spend "moderate fees", which I take to be £500K max or thereabouts, and we have a wage cap. Last season's profit which should exceed £6M, will more than cover fees and wages. Plus we've just sold >17K season tickets and that number is growing. The cash is there, within the agreed budget. If there is any hindrance to signings, it isn't finances.

PS - I didn't mention the Bielik fee as, if I'm right, that will have gone straight to Arsenal ...

Don’t rate JCH and my view on him was confirmed in second leg at hillsborough he offered nothing and was responsible for at least one of the goals 

not saying I wouldn’t take him for 500k because he’s worth that in L1 but posh will want silly money and he just isn’t worth it 

if they want 5m and he was worth a punt a championship club would’ve been  in for him by now but I doubt they will judging on what I’ve seen yes I know he scored a few but that is all some people see…his all round game is poor imo 

I do wonder if we are only looking at players in uk or would we dare try a player or two from abroad ?

On 02/07/2023 at 16:58, Srg said:

And for the record on him, as so many love him, he was cack on loan and most didn’t know why we signed him. And look how he turned out. 

I said he'd do the business if we got him in on a permanent. I was right. I'm also right now in saying he shouldn't come back unless it's as a coach.

21 hours ago, DiggerB said:

Based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever, other than a nagging feeling all weekend I think we’ll see Clark-Harris in our new kit at MF by the end of the week*.

*waits to be inevitably shot down when he signs for a Champ club on Tuesday!!

I think you're 100% wrong Digger. We are allowed to pay moderate fees. I reckon that's a £500K, or thereabouts, ceiling. Clarke-Harris will cost 3 or 4, maybe more, times that. Don't build your hopes up, you'll be very disappointed.

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

I think you're 100% wrong Digger. We are allowed to pay moderate fees. I reckon that's a £500K, or thereabouts, ceiling. Clarke-Harris will cost 3 or 4, maybe more, times that. Don't build your hopes up, you'll be very disappointed.

I never said it was a rational! 😜

Here's a crazy thought for all you worry worts, maybe just maybe before giving away a contract for x amount of years and x amount of £, Warne has a few players training with us to see if they'd one be fit and two fit in?