Conor Washington - signed on a two-year-deal

Animal is a Ram

30 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Not too concerned with prior record, before Derby McGoldrick only really had one good goal scoring season. 

previous records doesn’t guarantee anything, everyone expected Collins to boss the league but it didn’t work out that way.

Yes, and you never know, Collins could emerge as a success this year. It’s often about confidence and if he starts well, he could go on a scoring streak. 
🤞👀🧚‍♀️

33 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Not too concerned with prior record, before Derby McGoldrick only really had one good goal scoring season. 

previous records doesn’t guarantee anything, everyone expected Collins to boss the league but it didn’t work out that way.

Hang on wherever McGoldrick played regardless of his goal scoring he was always regarded as a Damm fine footballer and contributed to the team extensively - I don’t think anybody expected Collins to boss this league - contribute yes 

26 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Hang on wherever McGoldrick played regardless of his goal scoring he was always regarded as a Damm fine footballer and contributed to the team extensively - I don’t think anybody expected Collins to boss this league - contribute yes 

Couldn't agree more with this.

I said when we signed Collins that his seasons scoring goals at this level was when he played in a front 2. 

It became apparent quite early on that he isn't a target man and really can't play up top on his own.

You cannot question his work rate at all. Infact, I felt at times last season that he needed to be more selfish and get in the box more. But he tended to drift to deep to try and get involved. I can't really remember him ever missing a sitter or us creating a load of chances for him in a game.

If Warne plays 352 next season. I really do think Collins could thrive. I wouldn't write him off at all just yet.

4 hours ago, S8TY said:

Let’s not forget other uninspiring signings that actually did well 

johnny Stead  and Noel Whelan spring to mind and they turned out to be better than I thought 

Lets not forget all the other uninspiring signings that didn't do well. 😄

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lets not forget all the other uninspiring signings that didn't do well. 😄

Have to disagree regarding Jon Stead’s stint at derby. Didn’t start with a bang but went onto bag a stunner at Coventry away, then got player of the month after going on a bit of a run. 

2 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Have to disagree regarding Jon Stead’s stint at derby. Didn’t start with a bang but went onto bag a stunner at Coventry away, then got player of the month after going on a bit of a run. 

Great goal away at Luton too, great view behind the goal 😁

9 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Wasn't saying anything about Stead, rated him and Kuqi fwiw.

4 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

I wonder how many Rams fans were inspired when we signed Bobby Davison from Halifax, he wasn’t too bad in the end was he

Don’t think Bobby is a good example if comparing with Washington. He had only been with one club really, Halifax, and was at the start of his career. Washington has a track record with loads of clubs to judge him by 🤔

12 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Don’t think Bobby is a good example if comparing with Washington. He had only been with one club really, Halifax, and was at the start of his career. Washington has a track record with loads of clubs to judge him by 🤔

Wasn’t comparing those two I was getting at the fact of underwhelming signings , feel we should give any signings we make a chance

A few comments pinched from the Rotherham forum.

1) Rumour emerging Warney is sniffing around Washington as a replacement for McGoldrick.

2) I for one would be sad to see Washington leave. The bloke runs his socks off and chips in with a few goals.

3) Me too, even if he's not a regular starter I reckon we'd struggle to get a better player willing to sit on the bench.

1……………..replacement for McGoldrick, I don’t think so!
2…………….we’ve already got one of them

3……………..outstanding bench warmer.

I just can’t see this one happening………….but then again.👍

I'm looking at it another way, competition for Collins , not to play together? Both of them work there socks off up front,  and if for example we sign clarke_harris,May or Smith , both these players could be a good foil to play alongside jc/cw. Say jc/cw play 23 games each from the start and score 10 goals maybe a more proven goalscorer gets a minimum of 20 goals,  we wouldn't be losing many matches