Conor Washington - signed on a two-year-deal

Animal is a Ram

Glad when I read the actual thread there appears nothing to it. Thought for a moment when I saw the thread we had actually signed him. I think when we do sign some strikers they will be like Joe Ward i.e. nobody had linked them with us and had been linked with Championship clubs. I also think we will pick up a couple of quality loans for forward positions    

18 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

That journo is pretty reliable isn't he? Only really makes sense as a Collins upgrade. If he can head, hold it up, lay it off and is quicker than Collins (surely everyone is?) and on a free or minimal, then makes sense this season.

Just checked and he's not very tall so perhaps different type of player than I thought.

I'm just hoping for the younger, unknown quantity, with raw but possibly potential, like a Bonis. And a pace monster.

He's the one who linked us with Ruben Rodrigues.

26 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Remember when we got linked with Colin Kazim Richards and everyone hated it? Turned out alright in the circumstances so you never know.

We no choice at that point remember 

Always struck me as one of those forwards who grafts his nuts off but obviously doesn't contribute big goal numbers. As with Collins he probably fits how Warne wants to play but would need pairing up with a big scoring partner, or 2 x goalscoring no.10's.

As with all the people we end up signing we should judge their actual performances in a Derby shirt rather than just relying in raw numbers or heresay.

38 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Please please please do not be true. He’s awful, not just his goal return but his all round game is shocking. He’s not even as good as Collins 

We'd all like a striker who can bag 25 goals every season but they're expensive. Have faith in Warne. That doesn't mean he's above criticism, but the fact is, he got us promoted 3 times from league 1 and has worked with the lad before. 

I don't mean this disrespectfully at all, but you're looking at getting promoted from league 1, not  pushing for the Prem. That's Warne's remit right now, league 1 promotion. He'll sign players who want to work hard for the team and will do the job he wants. Washington will be good in league 1, he was OK in the championship last season to be fair. That said, I don't know anything about Collins, maybe he's a similar player?