Joe Ward - joined on a 3 year deal

nogbad van 50

4 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Posh fans keen for him to leave reading their forum.... Inconsistent, not good enough for league one... Appears he is public  enemy no1 after their playoff melt down

Alternatively: Posh find easy scapegoat in player who they long suspected was about to leave anyway (?)

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He gets hammered by Peterborough fans for his crossing. The numbers back up that his crossing accuracy is significantly below average - a bad rate of clearances by the first man. 

https://londonroad.net/Forum/showthread.php?tid=21879 - for reference.

Is this comment "They're just looking at goals and assists, numbers without any context.  In reality, his 2 assists hide the 436 crosses that failed to get past the first defender, but they've not put that much effort into picking a shortlist" seriously citing 436 crosses that failed to get past the first defender? If not, where are the numbers you're referring to?

Also I've just skim read that page and quite clearly some of those posters think he's done OK

13 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I can’t lie, extremely concerned with this signing and the actual player evaluation process that led to him signing. 

I could be wrong, and obviously every player deserves a chance, but if I had to guess this will likely go down as an uninspired, frustrating signing based on what I’ve read about the player and my own little research that I’ve done about him. 

He was quite clearly the worst player on the pitch against us in the game at their place, laughably bad. 

The game we lost 2-0?

1 minute ago, jameso said:

Is this comment "They're just looking at goals and assists, numbers without any context.  In reality, his 2 assists hide the 436 crosses that failed to get past the first defender, but they've not put that much effort into picking a shortlist" seriously citing 436 crosses that failed to get past the first defender? If not, where are the numbers you're referring to?

Also I've just skim read that page and quite clearly some of those posters think he's done OK

Same on Twitter, some fans glad he’s leaving, others think it’s a shame. It’s a start to our recruitment, gives us a player in a position that was lacking, and he may have over hit loads of crosses but he still scored and assisted plenty. Perhaps with some fresh coaching he’ll improve his crossing efficiency and carry on scoring and assisting….only now it’s with a ram on his chest 😊 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

He also made a big error in the semi final second leg... see Keogh for how fans remember those sort of things.

Were some fans not keen on Keogh then?

😬

It's not thrilling but it's a player on a free in a position we need which suits our age profile. I'm not sure we've all adjusted to the sad reality we're a third-tier club. Yes, we may have had the 3rd highest attendances outside the Premier League last season, but we were placed 31st in the final standings. I think this is likely the kind of signing we can expect to get now. 

17 minutes ago, enachops said:

My mates a big Posh fan, his thoughts:

He’ll infuriate the hell out of you. Doesn’t play well in the big games or in front of big crowds. A better winger than wing back. Scores the odd screamer.

A mixed bag. He has done well for Posh and is solid at this level. 

Crumbles in front of big crowds? Are we only going to play him away?

1 minute ago, scout's dad said:

If anything, the more he gets used to crowds at PP, the better he will play in those matches and also in the away fixtures at the smaller grounds we'll have to endure again this season.

Let's not pretend that we've not had players that have been average with us but good elsewhere. He's a freebie in a position we need filling, especially with experience in this league and room to improve under PW. He fits the bill in that regard and if the manager thinks he can work with him, then I've got to take his word for it. 

Also, how do we know he is our first choice rb? We might have another option coming in as competition? who knows. it's the first signing after all.

Im happy we're signing players again that's the main thing ❤️

Edited by SK47

3 minutes ago, scout's dad said:

Surely there’s context to this that Posh fans are ignoring….they don’t get big crowds so what’s the sample size for their statement? The largest crowds at their ground last season were Cambridge (local rivals?)….. and us, just over 12k at both.

And/or they’re still upset about his error at Wembley and therefore he’s “not able to play in front of big crowds” because of one game. 

I think it’s a steady signing. RWB is one of the positions where we have nobody naturally able to play there, not in Warne’s system anyway.

Is he the best RWB in the league? Probably not. Has his arrival improved us? Definitely.

He’s in his prime, has played consistently in a side that got promoted and then made the play-offs in his last two seasons in League 1, with a full season in the Championship sandwiched between.

I’m not sure he fits the bill of the description of signing players who can play above League 1, because the top of this division is probably his ceiling. But that’s the situation we’re currently in and I’m sure he will contribute to what will hopefully be a successful season.