Joe Ward - joined on a 3 year deal

nogbad van 50

43 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

True, but to be fair Wildsmith hadn’t played that much for Wednesday. This guy has made like 200 appearances for Peterborough, so you’d expect their fans to have seen what he’s capable of.

I don’t necessarily think he will fail, no one knows that but it’s not a signing I would have made. That’s my opinion. I feel like there should be players out there with a higher ceiling as you say, who would be willing to join us.

On the flip side, Peterborough wouldn't have played him 200 times if he was rubbish.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

And how do you know that? You spoken to him or something? 

The point I’m making is I don’t know and neither do you. You can see it either way based on the knowledge we have. My opinion is as valid as yours based on no evidence.

He was offered a 3 year contract. It was on their website. He was on the retained list

Not really seeing why folk are crabbing this one. The lad's a very solid option at this level, he's coming on a free, he's quick, can cover both the RB / RWB roles and he's chosen Derby over Posh which has wound up some of their fans no end. His stats look pretty damn good in context, least to my eye.

What's not to like?

I don’t know enough about him but 

we are a third division club and he has had success at this level !

interesting that he scored so many goals and has a great assist record from that position ! 

we need cover at RWB or RB ! 

he is a free transfer ! 
He isn’t someone else’s youngster wanting a guaranteed game every week 

no one should be complaining 

9 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Not really seeing why folk are crabbing this one. The lad's a very solid option at this level, he's coming on a free, he's quick, can cover both the RB / RWB roles and he's chosen Derby over Posh which has wound up some of their fans no end. His stats look pretty damn good in context, least to my eye.

What's not to like?

Basically there's nothing to moan about and we don't like that around here! Alright!?

20 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

What's not to like?

Not sure you could hope for much better as League One club. And for free!

31 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

What's not to like?

People like to moan and try to find a reason to bash warne 

True, but to be fair Wildsmith hadn’t played that much for Wednesday. This guy has made like 200 appearances for Peterborough, so you’d expect their fans to have seen what he’s capable of.

I don’t necessarily think he will fail, no one knows that but it’s not a signing I would have made. That’s my opinion. I feel like there should be players out there with a higher ceiling as you say, who would be willing to join us.

U know hes coming on a free right?

and we’re in league one? Just checking

20 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Exactly.  How many assists did Smith get playing RB for us?

Being pedantic, just for the sheer hell of it and not making a wider point, Ward didn't get a single assist for Peterborough from RB last season. They all came at RWB/RW. Smith got 1 assist playing RB for us

Edited by Kokosnuss

It’s only a matter of time before the Derby youth are writing their classic songs about his massive bits……..

so alternatively…….

He’s been up, with the Posh

He’s not here, for the dosh

He came to Derby, likes a Nurse, and a bed

He’s fast at right back, will leave you dead

Not a doctor, or time lord, he’s Joe Ward

1 hour ago, Macintosh said:

My Brighton friend, who saw most of his formative years, considers him an excellent signing for us. He was never going to oust Bruno from the right-back slot so was released.

Bruno was a Legend and ti this day still remains one of my favoutite championship full backs 

he even filled in a centre back against us at pp and exemplary in an away shut out 

2 hours ago, dcfcgodd said:

He was in the league one team of the year when they got promoted.

Was going to say this. 

whoscored have him as being alright too. 

I think wingback will be a good position for him. Seems he had a bad game against us when they were playing 4 at the back? 

You made the classic line of giving the player a chance, implying that someone who’s not enamoured by the signing won’t give him a chance. That’s not true.

Ah, so you mean a chance to prove you wrong about your knee-jerk reaction to any signing made by Warne because you identify as being anti-Warne and having your "glass half empty" on that basis alone. Sorry, I now understand what you mean. (We're using the same language but with different meanings).