Joe Ward - joined on a 3 year deal

nogbad van 50

I can’t lie, extremely concerned with this signing and the actual player evaluation process that led to him signing. 

I could be wrong, and obviously every player deserves a chance, but if I had to guess this will likely go down as an uninspired, frustrating signing based on what I’ve read about the player and my own little research that I’ve done about him. 

He was quite clearly the worst player on the pitch against us in the game at their place, laughably bad. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I can’t lie, extremely concerned with this signing and the actual player evaluation process that led to him signing. 

I could be wrong, and obviously every player deserves a chance, but if I had to guess this will likely go down as an uninspired, frustrating signing based on what I’ve read about the player and my own little research that I’ve done about him. 

He was quite clearly the worst player on the pitch against us in the game at their place, laughably bad. 

Really??

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

My sarcasm detector is on the blink so not sure what to make of your message.

If serious, then by contrast my son just rushed to tell me we'd signed Joe Ward because when we played them at PP I thought he was their best player and that we could do with signing a player who can actually cross the ball!

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Can’t say I know too much about him, what’s the general consensus, good signing or nah? 

Goals and assists from right wing back/right midfield at this level, experienced promotion with Peterborough, fits the age profile Warne wants at 27.

Not an amazing signing and not a terrible one either, looks to be a solid enough footballer who improves on the “no right backs” we previously had in the squad….but that’s a very brief assumption/assessment on my part.

4 minutes ago, jameso said:

My sarcasm detector is on the blink so not sure what to make of your message.

If serious, then by contrast my son just rushed to tell me we'd signed Joe Ward because when we played them at PP I thought he was their best player and that we could do with signing a player who can actually cross the ball!

He gets hammered by Peterborough fans for his crossing. The numbers back up that his crossing accuracy is significantly below average - a bad rate of clearances by the first man. 

https://londonroad.net/Forum/showthread.php?tid=21879 - for reference.