Joe Ward - joined on a 3 year deal

nogbad van 50

So whoscored gave him the 16th best rating last season in league 1. 

7 of the players above got promoted. 
1 of the players was Cashin. 
1 of the players was McG (no longer in the league) 

1 of the players was Johnson Clark Harris (unlikely to be in league 1 due to funds needed to buy him this year). 

So as of the end of the season we have the 3rd and the 6th highest performing players in the division in our defence. 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

So whoscored gave him the 16th best rating last season in league 1. 

7 of the players above got promoted. 
1 of the players was Cashin. 
1 of the players was McG (no longer in the league) 

1 of the players was Johnson Clark Harris (unlikely to be in league 1 due to funds needed to buy him this year). 

So as of the end of the season we have the 3rd and the 6th highest performing players in the division in our defence. 

But millennium doesnt rate him 😂

38 minutes ago, YouRams said:

A player that shoots from outside the box surely not!

Not particularly tbh, 76 shots from outside of the box in 148 appearances across the past 4 seasons.

22 shots from outside of the box last season puts him joint 53rd, with the same number as Marlon Pack. The players who had most shots from outside of the box in League One last season were...

outsidebox.thumb.JPG.acac891bf0d1f18d629ed91b295bc7f1.JPG

ob2.thumb.JPG.1566061beb821e2acbc51e8ac742d09e.JPG

Ward's goal stats are very good IMO for someone who doesn't exactly shoot often.

Edited by Kokosnuss

39 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

But millennium doesnt rate him 😂

Again, at no point have I said I don’t rate him. As said I have concerns about the signing. 

His stats look pretty decent, and I did look into them, but you do have to careful how much judgement you make with them.

Ill wait until I see him in a Derby shirt.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Again, at no point have I said I don’t rate him. As said I have concerns about the signing. 

His stats look pretty decent, and I did look into them, but you do have to careful how much judgement you make with them.

That’s a good idea 🤣

48 minutes ago, jameso said:

Ah, so you mean a chance to prove you wrong about your knee-jerk reaction to any signing made by Warne because you identify as being anti-Warne and having your "glass half empty" on that basis alone. Sorry, I now understand what you mean. (We're using the same language but with different meanings).

That was a somewhat facetious remark to a poster who is constantly aggressive towards any post I make on here in an attempt to start an argument.

In actual fact, recruitment isn’t even really Warne’s responsibility. If this lad turns out to be crap, the blame lies with Mark Thomas and his team.

1 hour ago, sage said:

He was offered a 3 year contract. It was on their website. He was on the retained list

Yeah I’ve noted that since. I forgot Peterborough’s chairman seems to want to let the whole world know his business. Was the same with the Marriott deal.

Wouldn't normally expect details of contracts not yet signed to be disclosed - just a “contract offered” is usually all you’d see.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Which I’ve never once said anything to the contrary of.

Ill leave the happy clappers to keep reading my posts with the “MillenniumRam is always negative” lens and ignore what I’m actually saying.

Think you are entitled to your opinion, just making the point that I did earlier in this thread that it might be best to judge him in a 🐏 shirt 👍

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That was a somewhat facetious remark to a poster who is constantly aggressive towards any post I make on here in an attempt to start an argument.

In actual fact, recruitment isn’t even really Warne’s responsibility. If this lad turns out to be crap, the blame lies with Mark Thomas and his team.

I wouldn't know about the first part, but as for the second, I feel you're digging yourself a hole there; no manager worth his salt is going to take on a player he doesn't know about/has not approved the signing of. Admittedly if the (newish) recruitment lead serves up dud suggestions, we have a problem, but we have a bigger one if Warne can't veto them on the basis they're actually rubbish!

43 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

What concerns ? Hes free , he’ll be on sensible wages?

the risk to reward is literally fantastic .

Would u rather we spent 1m on a player from the league above?

that would pose a much much greater risk to reward.

Lets just wait and see.. if its wrong its cost us nothing .. compare that to the last 5 odd seasons