Charlie Lindsay - Rangers - signed for u21s

Donkey Derby

A 17 year old wanting a move because he wants first team football is crazy to me. As talented as he might be, no way he goes to either us or Sunderland and gets first team football. A chance in our u21s with the prospect of first team football if he performs, sure, but it’s a crazy demand. 

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

What is wrong with caravan you can get morden ones in some cases just like a house.

Nothing at all wrong with it mate. However when you have been earning 4 and 5 figure salaries a week, often from the age of 18, or even lower, tastes do change.

Why do they need ferrari, lambos, bugatti? You can get a nice second hand Ford ka for £800.....

Why do they need designer clothes? Primary do perfectly good t-shirts for £3.....

Money gives you choices. Choices me, you and many others may never be lucky enough to have.

Cant wait till I win the lottery jackpot and can go a week in bognor to celebrate.

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

A 17 year old wanting a move because he wants first team football is crazy to me. As talented as he might be, no way he goes to either us or Sunderland and gets first team football. A chance in our u21s with the prospect of first team football if he performs, sure, but it’s a crazy demand. 

To be fair, it says nowhere that he is demanding to start every week. Implies he wants to be in first team squads though. Doesn't seem to be too outrageous to me. 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

That's the issue letting players go abroad if they just stay in the uk they could come down start talks.

I think some people have mobile phones that work abroad. Some even have people to negotiate their wages and transfers for them.

49 minutes ago, one_chop said:

A friend of mine has a so called modern caravan with a toilet and a fixed bed. Regarding the toilet, I've no desire to be sat on a bucket in a cupboard. Give me a house any day of the week.

Don't think he means tow caravans, more like the static ones you get. They have proper toilets and gas central heating these days

Going back on track… never heard of this lad and obviously no idea if there’s anything in it. However, it does make you think the type of places we will be looking for young and inexpensive talent. The head of recruitment picked up some gems from places like Ireland and Scotland for Oxford who subsequently sold for good money. 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Going back on track… never heard of this lad and obviously no idea if there’s anything in it. However, it does make you think the type of places we will be looking for young and inexpensive talent. The head of recruitment picked up some gems from places like Ireland and Scotland for Oxford who subsequently sold for good money. 

Is he willing to go on holiday in a caravan at Don Amotts showground in Hilton?

If not, then no deal!

• 1 month later...

The quote from the Daily Record article @Heisenberg and @RoyMac5 have shared says;

“Charlie Lindsay has taken up the chance to win a deal at Derby County.

The talented playmaker had a string of English options but has opted to try his luck with the Rams.

The 19-year-old will train with the English League One side over the coming days under Derby boss Paul Warne.

The Northern Irish youth cap had options in the English Championship but after leaving Ibrox in the summer is looking for a pathway to regular first-team football.

Lindsay believes Derby could offer that and has taken his chances at Pride Park.

The youngster was one of Rangers’ top performers in the Lowland League with their B team and in the Europa Youth League.

Lindsay has also trained with the full Northern Irish and under-21 squads, under Michael O’Neill this summer.

The teenager came through the ranks at Glentoran before Rangers signed him back in 2020.”