Charlie Lindsay - Rangers - signed for u21s

Donkey Derby

39 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Have we actually ever seen  anything from the Club confirming anything about this ? Is it actually going to happen ??🤷‍♂️

Maybe we got them muddled up and signed Tony Weston instead.

1 hour ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Derbyshire Telegraph reported yesterday; "Tony Weston has impressed on trial which has now led to a deal being agreed and once the formalities have been completed he will follow his ex-Ibrox team-mate Charlie Lindsay to Pride Park".

If Lindsay has moved then strange  that the Club haven’t released anything in this officially … DET normally get things right…

16 hours ago, caymanram said:

If Lindsay has moved then strange  that the Club haven’t released anything in this officially … DET normally get things right…

I guess we will find out very soon.

I like the sound of this. Easier for two youngsters to settle in rather than be the new boy on your own. Also it’s young blood to balance the average age pool. One would imagine the wages are proportionate too. All good as far as I am concerned. 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

I guess we will find out very soon.

I like the sound of this. Easier for two youngsters to settle in rather than be the new boy on your own. Also it’s young blood to balance the average age pool. One would imagine the wages are proportionate too. All good as far as I am concerned. 

Average age pool of the under 21 side?

16 hours ago, caymanram said:

I'm pretty sure that the club didn't announce u21 signings individually last year either, just announced them as a job lot at some point.

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I'm pretty sure that the club didn't announce u21 signings individually last year either, just announced them as a job lot at some point.

That happened earlier this summer too when they announced Ben Radcliffe and Kyle Bartley alongside a few contract extensions. Perhaps we’ll get another “group” announcement soon for both of the former Rangers lads and any others we’ve picked up 

• 5 months later...
13 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

To Glentoran? Yeah right.

🤣 Yeah right yourself. He’s gone out on loan to the club where he started his career, to play first team football, why does that imply it hasn’t worked out here? He joined the academy, he’s 19 years old, going out on loan is part of the development of young players isn’t it? 
It genuinely amazes me how many people on this forum seem to default to the most pessimistic and negative stance on anything and everything 

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

To Glentoran? Yeah right.

Last week, some people wanted us to sign a player in his mid-20s playing in the same league. It was a different player in his early 20s in the summer. Could Lindsay not play well enough in that league and force his way into our first team?

He was struggling to get in our U21 side ahead of Weston and now Wheeldon in that #10 position. This loan will at least give him a chance of regular football and spend time with his family.

10 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

How does the league level compare against the English leagues? Conference/league two? I don't know too much about the Irish system other than we seem to have good youth scouts over there. 

The top-end that get European money might just survive League One, but the bottom end would be Conference north/south at best. It's a strange league, with occasional bits of quality and lots of classic lower league kick and hope 

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/01/2024 at 01:56, Ram@Lincoln said:

How does the league level compare against the English leagues? Conference/league two? I don't know too much about the Irish system other than we seem to have good youth scouts over there. 

Opta do some stats around this. They suggest the top 2-3 teams in that league are around mid-league 2 standard. But there's  a big variation in quality and suggest the majority of teams in that league are bottom-end Conference level. (Or National League as I think it is called these days).