Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Slightly dumbfounded that the best forward for the league was available for 800K and we weren't in for that.

Where is the money to spend? We sold Knight and Bielik. What was that money used for?  Don't tell me it was to pay off outstanding fees to Lech Poznan because supporters were assured at a charter meeting that there were no outstanding fees to pay before these players were sold. 

It leads me to believe that we were in for Jonson Clarke-Harris and that @Big Travwas once again correct in what he was saying. I think our move for him fell through because the Cashin move to Brighton fell through. Trav can confirm or deny that if he wants/knows. 

As for his ITKness - people are saying he only knows when someone is in the building...surely the contact he has, who presumably works at the club, is always at the club all the time and is therefore hearing all the time about what the general news on the ground is/what the club are trying to do?

I have been ITK in the past as some people know (my contact left a few years ago now so haven't been for ages) and just because they worked in one particular department didn't mean they didn't regularly hear about who we were wanting to sing/what the general mood was/who the targets were etc. 

So, all being said in done, I'm definitely still a Big Trav fan, I feel sorry for him for the pelters he's getting and want to say a big THANK YOU for sharing what info you get on the forum. 

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Slightly dumbfounded that the best forward for the league was available for 800K and we weren't in for that.

Where is the money to spend? We sold Knight and Bielik. What was that money used for?  Don't tell me it was to pay off outstanding fees to Lech Poznan because supporters were assured at a charter meeting that there were no outstanding fees to pay before these players were sold. 

It leads me to believe that we were in for Jonson Clarke-Harris and that @Big Travwas once again correct in what he was saying. I think our move for him fell through because the Cashin move to Brighton fell through. Trav can confirm or deny that if he wants/knows. 

As for his ITKness - people are saying he only knows when someone is in the building...surely the contact he has, who presumably works at the club, is always at the club all the time and is therefore hearing all the time about what the general news on the ground is/what the club are trying to do?

I have been ITK in the past as some people know (my contact left a few years ago now so haven't been for ages) and just because they worked in one particular department didn't mean they didn't regularly hear about who we were wanting to sing/what the general mood was/who the targets were etc. 

So, all being said in done, I'm definitely still a Big Trav fan, I feel sorry for him for the pelters he's getting and want to say a big THANK YOU for sharing what info you get on the forum. 

Oh come on. He is not getting pelters. He posted this remember:

16 hours ago, Big Trav said:

I would like to say I’ve proven myself to be pretty spot on a lot of times this summer. It’s your choice to listen or not but all these snarky comments that I’m receiving are not really needed when all I’m doing is passing on information that I’m told. 

He has now had 24 likes, and your eulogy. Some of us are respectfully giving feedback as we see it. That is what a forum is about. Anyway, matchday. I need to put on my anti-Warne hat.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

He has now had 24 likes, and your eulogy. Some of us are respectfully giving feedback as we see it. That is what a forum is about. Anyway, matchday. I need to put on my anti-Warne hat.

After getting annoyed about it initially, I now just go along with it and smile and take it all as a bit of fun.It did seem that during the last few days of the window the walls seemed to start falling down around him with so much of what he was saying not being true and I felt he was almost in panic mode last night. But what does it matter at the end of the day, far more important things in life. Come on you 🐏 😊

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

He has now had 24 likes, and your eulogy. Some of us are respectfully giving feedback as we see it.

I suppose one man's "feedback" is another man's "pelters" ...

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I think you have been well wide of the mark, sufficiently wide enough I would say to suggest you know bugger all.

You have frequently picked up on newspaper and social media gossip and ran with some of it, using your ‘finisher’ reputation to give your pronouncements credibility.

I doubt your success rate has been any higher than I or others might have achieved if we were so disposed to regurgitate such gossip as fact.

Paul Trollope/10

I'm just trying to make the point that your (criticism) feedback is more than a little harsh and that it's feedback like yours that tends to persuade the decent percentage of forum users who are genuinely ITK on here to just keep it to themselves!

Hope you appreciate the feedback 😉 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I suppose one man's "feedback" is another man's "pelters" ...

I'm just trying to make the point that your (criticism) feedback is more than a little harsh and that it's feedback like yours that tends to persuade the decent percentage of forum users who are genuinely ITK on here to just keep it to themselves!

Hope you appreciate the feedback 😉 

I do appreciate the (criticism) feedback. Thank you. 

On 13/05/2023 at 17:09, sage said:

This is the thread for all rumours you hear or read, to keep the yransfwr thread  clear of unsubstantiated stuff.

Cant believe posters moaning at @Big Trav doing exactly what this thread was for, especially looking at the transfer forum full of players we were probably never looking at but were somehow substantiated! Thanks BT for the gossip and fun provided over the summer. Especially from someone who will never know anything unless we are ever linked to a certain PL player as know his mum

5 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Welcome to the DCFC fans Scapegoat club Big Trav

Iram summed up Big Trav perfectly.

However, I love Big Travs posts and he is the first poster I look for, seriously.

I know he isn't completely ITK, but without him the summer would have been rubbish...Well more rubbisher than it was.

Infact derby should have employed him instead of Mark Thomas! 

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

On 02/09/2023 at 14:39, Nuwtfly said:

Could it be , that out financial situation is a lot worse than we think. Didn’t Big Trav say that he mingled with Football agents at one time? It does seem like Brighton have messed up all our plans over a pathetic £3 mill when they have been dragging hundreds of millions.

IMG_2109.thumb.jpeg.69be5bce861e218e8255a90c7fec9af5.jpeg

seen people on twitter asking who this is, in the back of a training photo. Doesn’t look like any of our injured lads. Could be just a member of media etc. Out of any free agent it could be it looks like Joe Bennett.

Which also could make sense as he’d be a decent option at this level aswell as being a left back, which is obviously the position we are looking at.

41 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

IMG_2109.thumb.jpeg.69be5bce861e218e8255a90c7fec9af5.jpeg

seen people on twitter asking who this is, in the back of a training photo. Doesn’t look like any of our injured lads. Could be just a member of media etc. Out of any free agent it could be it looks like Joe Bennett.

Which also could make sense as he’d be a decent option at this level aswell as being a left back, which is obviously the position we are looking at.

Thought we were looking at right back 😊

On 03/09/2023 at 20:38, jimtastic56 said:

Could it be , that out financial situation is a lot worse than we think. Didn’t Big Trav say that he mingled with Football agents at one time? It does seem like Brighton have messed up all our plans over a pathetic £3 mill when they have been dragging hundreds of millions.

What’s the BT relevance 🤔