Summer Rumour Mill

sage

20 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Tyreece John-Jules is 22

Tyrese Fornah is 24 (was 23 when signed)

Kane Wilson is 23

Elliot Embleton is 24

Josh Vickers is 27

Joe Ward is 28 (was 27 when signed)

Callum Elder is 28

Curtis Nelson is 30

Connor Washington is 31

Sonny Bradley is 32 (was 31 when signed)

Waghorn is 33. 

7 of the 11 signings are under 30, this false rhetoric that we only signed old players is factually incorrect and in truth pretty boring now. There’s plenty of other things you can moan about with Warne.

Up until the recent 3 signings it was a fair comment. 

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Exciting, tomorrow is the day we should find out who we are signing.

I'm guessing the player in question signed today, just a case of finalising interviews and announcing.

We've been after him for a few weeks since signing a couple who can only manage some bum fluff.  His experience in growing a beard at pace will be a real asset

image.png.f6d07680017e24707262e8279389cc09.png

9 minutes ago, sage said:

Up until the recent 3 signings it was a fair comment. 

Not really, it was a 50/50 split before the 3 most recent additions. It’s always been a weird misconception peddled by people. Could we have signed more players in the under 30 bracket? Yeah, probably, but the idea that we only signed washed up almost retirees is balls, big ol’ sweaty balls. 

26 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Not really, it was a 50/50 split before the 3 most recent additions. It’s always been a weird misconception peddled by people. Could we have signed more players in the under 30 bracket? Yeah, probably, but the idea that we only signed washed up almost retirees is balls, big ol’ sweaty balls. 

It's not balls and no one said all players, but the key CB is very slow which single handedly destroyed the high press concept.

I would add the LB he signed to play LWB has never played there and has very little pace.

The 2 marquee championship signings are not fit for purpose.

Edited by sage

18 minutes ago, sage said:

It's not balls and no one said all players, but the key CB is very slow which single handedly destroyed the high press concept.

I would add the LB he signed to play LWB has never played there and has very little pace.

The 2 marquee championship signings are not fit for purpose.

I wasn’t challenging the quality of the signings, just the statement/opinion in the post I replied to saying Nyambe wouldn’t fit the remit as Warne only signs 30 year olds. It’s not true. The facts disprove it. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

11 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I wasn’t challenging the quality of the signings, just the statement/opinion in the post I replied to saying Nyambe wouldn’t fit the remit as Warne only signs 30 year olds. It’s not true. The facts disprove it. 

Facts aren’t going to get in the way of a good story! 

I think we need to start a new thread that gives people the chance to comment on what they think of Warne. There’s only about a dozen on offer at present. Surely, not enough for the same people to keep making the same points. Again, and again ….and again. 

2 hours ago, JohnoDCFC said:

Please don’t get my hopes up mate 

Only told he’s the one we want, not that he’s signing.

Also, was told today by a different (and much more reliable) source that David Clowes has absolutely not interest in sacking Paul Warne and wants him to be in charge for the long term. Which may be even more depressing than my exam tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Also, was told today by a different (and much more reliable) source that David Clowes has absolutely not interest in sacking Paul Warne and wants him to be in charge for the long term. Which may be even more depressing than my exam tomorrow.

Yes because he has invested too much of his money in him with the 4 year contract😬

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Well if that’s the case then Mr Clowes better start preparing for 15,000 crowds and the revenue coming into the club decreasing dramatically over the next couple of seasons. 

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Ahhh the dreaded vote of confidence?! 😄 

He can say what he likes now, and he wouldn't want a negative 'message' getting out, but if our games get worse he will have to reconsider.

I travel up from Dorset to see games now and then. Usually about half a dozen home games and when I used to be able to get tickets about the same amount of away games. Currently I can't justify the time and expense to watch this rubbish. Just not worth it. It's turgid. 

I'll still watch online but even that is wearing thin. Makes me wonder that if we had say 10,000 season ticket holders and 10,000 walk ups how many would still attend at the moment. 

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Cheers, that has ruined my day 😆

22 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I travel up from Dorset to see games now and then. Usually about half a dozen home games and when I used to be able to get tickets about the same amount of away games. Currently I can't justify the time and expense to watch this rubbish. Just not worth it. It's turgid. 

I'll still watch online but even that is wearing thin. Makes me wonder that if we had say 10,000 season ticket holders and 10,000 walk ups how many would still attend at the moment. 

I am in the same boat, used to attend a lot of away games with my son and stay overs but can’t justify the expense to watch what is being dished up currently 👍