Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Just now, S8TY said:

Its really quite sad to see how much we have fallen........Forest signing players like Odoi and players from PSV whilst we are excited about the possible signing of a 30 year old league 1 striker ffs.....we should never be in this position!!🤬

Thanks Mel Morris !!!

Yes sickener that all our main rivals have enjoyed prem years and the finances that come with it. 

Just us and Wednesday out of the big teams that are in the mud.

4 minutes ago, dcfcjj said:

RIP Summer Rumour Mill 

May 13th - September 1st

You will be extremely missed, all the ‘ITK’s’, all the arguments about pointless stuff, all the comments about things which have nothing to do with transfers, you were good to us all.

@David was wary of me starting this thread, but I pointed out that like Cleethorpes it would keep all the crap in one place.

I reckon 1st of December for the Winter Rumour Mill 

Just now, inter politics said:

Depends doesn't it? Loan back could have been worth it. Otherwise, who do you replace him with at this stage?

There are plenty of more mobile CB's about and I'd have accepted 4m and got JCH and a CB in and think then we'd be sorted for season ...If we hadn't time to get a CB we'd be ok until Jan with Foz, Bradley and Rooney who could all play there if needed 

Bit of a strange underwhelming end to the window...as if it would be anything different.

Good signing it seems from Sunderland, just a shame we didn't sign a striker, we needed one for a top 2 push, but maybe Paul and David are comfortable with another see how we go year and then kick on next year.

Thank god Waghorn has hit a purple patch and long may it continue.

Just now, inter politics said:

How do you know we'd have got JCH in?

I don't know but it would've given us more scope to get a goalscorer in and a CB 

I'm guessing more chance of getting a couple of decent players in if we had a couple of million to spend 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Bit of a strange underwhelming end to the window...as if it would be anything different.

Good signing it seems from Sunderland, just a shame we didn't sign a striker, we needed one for a top 2 push, but maybe Paul and David are comfortable with another see how we go year and then kick on next year.

Thank god Waghorn has hit a purple patch and long may it continue.

We have 4 strikers that most league 1 clubs would take, I'm happy with our business. Keeping Bird Sibley Cash could prove to be massive as the season goes on too.

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

We have 4 strikers that most league 1 clubs would take, I'm happy with our business. Keeping Bird Sibley Cash could prove to be massive as the season goes on too.

Can't remember clubs fighting for waghorn or Collins,if they are that good surely they would have had some sort of interest from elsewhere 

7 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Exactly this. Last season we had 2 senior strikers which meant an over-reliance on McGoldrick.
This season we’ve got 4 senior strikers, all capable of scoring at this level, it’s a better situation in the forwards for me.

Overall we’ve added balance and depth to the first team squad with 11 signings (9 permanent) AND the academy (8? Signings including player/coach Bradley J). We’ve held onto Cashin, Sibley and Bird (for now at least), I don’t think it’s been the worst window despite losing Knight and McGoldrick. Now the squad is what is until January, unless we add any free agents in the next week or two, so it’s over to them, Warne, and his staff to deliver on the pitch.