Summer Rumour Mill

sage

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Bit odd that it's just a temporary deal until January, a bit like Jon-Jules. Is there a reason we are doing things this way or am I just over thinking it?

Can only think we've done this with Nyambe because when everybodies fit we'll have Ward, Wilson, NML and Nyambe who can play RB or RWB.

As for TJJ maybe thats a mutual arrangement. Arsenal want him playing regular minutes and we didn't want to lock ourselves in with his injury record being as poor as it is.

34 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Bit odd that it's just a temporary deal until January, a bit like Jon-Jules. Is there a reason we are doing things this way or am I just over thinking it?

With TJJ, Warne made a comment about ''long-term future'' in an interview that made me think we could make the deal permanent in January if it works for both parties- that's just speculation on my part though

52 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Nyambe wanted to join a Championship club but there's also no guarantee he'll play here. He's competing at RCB with Nelson (and Rooney if he was fit) and both Ward and Wilson at RWB.

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

Can only think we've done this with Nyambe because when everybodies fit we'll have Ward, Wilson, NML and Nyambe who can play RB or RWB.

As for TJJ maybe thats a mutual arrangement. Arsenal want him playing regular minutes and we didn't want to lock ourselves in with his injury record being as poor as it is.

Of those listed, I’d only want Nyambe at RB in a four-man defence. 

Ward and Wilson are RWBs in a 5 or right midfielders in a four.

NML is a winger, pure and simple. He shouldn’t be in our half.

31 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Nyambe wanted to join a Championship club but there's also no guarantee he'll play here. He's competing at RCB with Nelson (and Rooney if he was fit) and both Ward and Wilson at RWB.

He's ahead of Rooney.  Unless he does a Bradley Warne would pick him over Rooney all day long.

Edited by Blondest Goat

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Of those listed, I’d only want Nyambe at RB in a four-man defence. 

Ward and Wilson are RWBs in a 5 or right midfielders in a four.

NML is a winger, pure and simple. He shouldn’t be in our half.

Agreed but just trying to figure out why it’s a short contract.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I’ve just seen a recently released Athletic article that stated Wigan’s wage bill last season was around £17m - this season it’s been slashed to just £4m which is staggering. I know we are still none the wiser on ours, but I’d guess it’s above £10m probably closer to £12m. 

Highlights the disparity. 

Wigan faced a 65% drop in wage budget from last season. This would be more like £6m, and most likely player wages only.

Their total wage bill when promoted in 21/22 was £13m, inclusive of bonuses.

On 20/09/2023 at 17:47, Ghost of Clough said:

Wigan faced a 65% drop in wage budget from last season. This would be more like £6m, and most likely player wages only.

Their total wage bill when promoted in 21/22 was £13m, inclusive of bonuses.

I think £6m would probably be the wage budget for the entire club, perhaps? The Athletic stated purely first team budget and I believe even said it was less than £4m down from £17m in 22/23.