Summer Rumour Mill

sage

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

As individuals maybe, but as a collective?

If Waghorn stays fit all season I do believe he could be our David McGoldrick. Different player, but he could contribute the same goals. If he stays fit there is a chance of anything to happen.

Waghorn gets injured, it'll be the same as they season I feel.

Create enough chances we'll score goals, I think we've got enough quality now to be providing for whichever ones of the 4 we play. Collins needs a goal to get his pre season form back, Washington and Waghorn both look dangerous whenever they've got the ball and I think JJ will chip in with a few too. Everyone wants to splash out on the "20 goal striker" but there's no guarantee they'll repeat it.

13 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Create enough chances we'll score goals, I think we've got enough quality now to be providing for whichever ones of the 4 we play. Collins needs a goal to get his pre season form back, Washington and Waghorn both look dangerous whenever they've got the ball and I think JJ will chip in with a few too. Everyone wants to splash out on the "20 goal striker" but there's no guarantee they'll repeat it.

I honestly would love to see Collins hit some goal scoring form and show us what he can do. He has done it before.

Hopefully you are right and with increased service comes more goals.

As long as Warne steers clear of a back 5 we should be OK.

13 hours ago, Big Trav said:

I would like to say I’ve proven myself to be pretty spot on a lot of times this summer. It’s your choice to listen or not but all these snarky comments that I’m receiving are not really needed when all I’m doing is passing on information that I’m told. 

Everyone likes a genuine ITK Trav, and you clearly have a good source in/from the media team, such that you can give very reliable info when the pictures are in the can. All very useful and appreciated, usually breaking the news a few hours before official confirmation.

However, I am sorry, but based on your other reporting of potential targets, negotiations, etc., I think you have been well wide of the mark, sufficiently wide enough I would say to suggest you know bugger all. You have frequently picked up on newspaper and social media gossip and ran with some of it, using your ‘finisher’ reputation to give your pronouncements credibility. I doubt your success rate has been any higher than I or others might have achieved if we were so disposed to regurgitate such gossip as fact. Not being snarky, just giving you my honest assessment and opinion. 

Paul Trollope/10

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I honestly would love to see Collins hit some goal scoring form and show us what he can do. He has done it before.

Hopefully you are right and with increased service comes more goals.

As long as Warne steers clear of a back 5 we should be OK.

Therein lies the problem. Warne can't help himself. As soon as the injury list allows he goes back to his back five and derails any form or improvement we see when forced to go with a back four.

Like someone going back to a partner that always cheats on them then being surprised when it happens again.

34 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Everyone likes a genuine ITK Trav, and you clearly have a good source in/from the media team, such that you can give very reliable info when the pictures are in the can. All very useful and appreciated, usually breaking the news a few hours before official confirmation.

However, I am sorry, but based on your other reporting of potential targets, negotiations, etc., I think you have been well wide of the mark, sufficiently wide enough I would say to suggest you know bugger all. You have frequently picked up on newspaper and social media gossip and ran with some of it, using your ‘finisher’ reputation to give your pronouncements credibility. I doubt your success rate has been any higher than I or others might have achieved if we were so disposed to regurgitate such gossip as fact. Not being snarky, just giving you my honest assessment and opinion. 

Paul Trollope/10

Thought Paul Trollope was decent on his day, very underrated 😊

14 hours ago, sage said:

@David was wary of me starting this thread, but I pointed out that like Cleethorpes it would keep all the crap in one place.

I reckon 1st of December for the Winter Rumour Mill 

In a masochistic sort of way I will miss the posts containing links to random Twitter accounts with 10 followers spouting genuine ITK transfer knowledge and the continued banal debate about what our transfer budget REALLY is.

15 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

There were two ways this could have gone, the way in which Brighton arsed about and missed out, or the way they paid us what we wanted and we did a deal with enough time to spend the money on the squad.

Brighton decided to arse about.

So we werent bullied into anything, which was my point 

15 hours ago, MaltRam said:

In as much as they dragged it out trying to save a pittance by Prem standards, wasting our time and disrupting Cash's start to the season...they behaved badly. It's a dog eat dog world though, so no complaints as such here.

Bullying would be them refusing to budge on price knowing that we had to sell him.

They tried to drive a hard bargain and failed.

Its what happens with most transfers I'd imagine.

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Paul Trollope/10

Paul Trollope/10 😆

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Paul Trollope/10

Harsh.

Not every transfer that looks like happening actually happens.

Big Trav has been 80% accurate which given the above, is pretty good. 

Van der Laan/10

3 minutes ago, sage said:

Harsh.

Van der Laan/10

Big Trav knows when someone is at the training ground. That, I believe. But he’s started making many other statements which based on the source of his knowledge, makes zero sense. Knows budgets and potential of players staying/going apparently. 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Big Trav knows when someone is at the training ground. That, I believe. But he’s started making many other statements which based on the source of his knowledge, makes zero sense. Knows budgets and potential of players staying/going apparently. 

As you don't know what his source is, how could you make that conclusion.

8 minutes ago, sage said:

Harsh.

Van der Laan/10

I appreciate your take, but his accuracy has been nowhere near 80%. 

As I said, he clearly has very reliable info. when a deal is done.

I think anything up to that point is Terry Pratchett levels of fantasy.

Van der Laan/10 my arse.

IMG_0668.jpeg

Edited by i-Ram

4 minutes ago, sage said:

As you don't know what his source is, how could you make that conclusion.

Because he’s said himself he only knows something when a new player is in the building. So what kind of source would not know a target before they’re in the building but also be privy to budgets? That’s nonsensical. 

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I appreciate your take, but his accuracy has been nowhere near 80%. 

As I said, he clearly has very reliable info. when a deal is done.

I think anything up to that point is Terry Pratchett levels of fantasy.

Van der Laan/10 my arse.

IMG_0668.jpeg

To be fair If I recall correctly the first one Big Trav called out was CKR well before he signed. 

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

Because he’s said himself he only knows something when a new player is in the building. So what kind of source would not know a target before they’re in the building but also be privy to budgets? That’s nonsensical. 

I think he knows more accurately then but knows other stuff but with a lower success rate. I don't think he has claimed to know the exact budget, just some hints towards where we are.

It comes down to this, would you rather he didn't post what he hears? 

Edited by sage

3 minutes ago, sage said:

It comes down to this, would you rather he didn't post what he hears? 

I think he should post anything he wants. I enjoy his posts. A good many make me smile.

I am just saying what I think*. He knows very little until a deal is in the can, and enjoys the ITK status.

*If I could be arsed I could back this up with a full analysis of his summer posts.