Summer Rumour Mill

sage

12 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

Agreed. Not much pace there but there's many decent sides out there with 2/3 slow centre halves - just need to have a system that allows for it. Stimac was glacial if we remember (yes, I know he's god, etc but he was very slow) and the way L1 is, it's mostly in the air stuff in the box so having two monsters at the back is no bad thing as far as I'm concerned.

The quick strikers at this level, especially the ones who know how to utilise their speed, tend to finish like pissed up toddlers. If they didn’t then they wouldn’t be at this level in all honesty. 

I suspect both Flint and Bradley are waiting at least till the end of this week to avoid Warne’s lung busting first week back fitness routine. It is no coincidence that Mendez-Laing is playing for Guatemala at the moment. Never interested him before, but when the alternative is coughing his guts up, and blowing out of his arse, whilst running 20 miles a day, I suspect old Nate would have been just as happy to have made his international debut for North Korea.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I suspect both Flint and Bradley are waiting at least till the end of this week to avoid Warne’s lung busting first week back fitness routine. It is no coincidence that Mendez-Laing is playing for Guatemala at the moment. Never interested him before, but when the alternative is coughing his guts up, and blowing out of his arse, whilst running 20 miles a day, I suspect old Nate would have been just as happy to have made his international debut for North Korea.

Paul Warnes motivational speeches before pre-season starts

sir may GIF

People wanting Chris Martin back, this will be him in a week

Close Up GIF

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I heard he ran to Guatamala, and he's still ran less than Joe Wildsmith this week.

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The quick strikers at this level, especially the ones who know how to utilise their speed, tend to finish like pissed up toddlers. If they didn’t then they wouldn’t be at this level in all honesty. 

Brennan Johnson got about 30 goals/assists at this level for Lincoln when he was 18. Getting them into the play offs . It’s a simple matter of getting his type before anyone has heard about him . No reason why DCFC could not attract similar.

16 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Brennan Johnson got about 30 goals/assists at this level for Lincoln when he was 18. Getting them into the play offs . It’s a simple matter of getting his type before anyone has heard about him . No reason why DCFC could not attract similar.

True, Derby should have a fairly extensive scouting portfolio of pretty much every significant player in the Premier League academies since they’ve played there for a long time now. It makes me wonder, and worried, why we ended up with Tony Springett when the likes of Chem Campbell at Wolves moved in the same window. 

We could be lazy and see if we couldn’t get Kaide Gordon and Liam Delap on loan next season - unlikely on both accounts but it would be nice to at least sample them properly in a Derby shirt. 

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

True, Derby should have a fairly extensive scouting portfolio of pretty much every significant player in the Premier League academies since they’ve played there for a long time now. It makes me wonder, and worried, why we ended up with Tony Springett when the likes of Chem Campbell at Wolves moved in the same window. 

We could be lazy and see if we couldn’t get Kaide Gordon and Liam Delap on loan next season - unlikely on both accounts but it would be nice to at least sample them properly in a Derby shirt. 

Delap is no go already gone to Hill on loan 

21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Well last season the restrictions hindered us in the loan market in particular imo, we could only get loans without any fees involved which would really reduce the quality pool of players we could pick from.

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Well last season the restrictions hindered us in the loan market in particular imo, we could only get loans without any fees involved which would really reduce the quality pool of players we could pick from.

Not only must it have affected the quality, it also must have had an impact on choice. We arguably needed a forward, a right winger, a right back and a central defender. We ended up with a midfielder, a goalie and a left wing back. 

12 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

True, but I don’t imagine other League One sides spend too much on loan fees - especially the likes of Shrewsbury. 

Clubs are generally reluctant to throw cash into a black hole at this level where they’re trying to be sustainable - loans are an example of that. Us allowing us to spend fees will allow us to be competitive against championship sides more so than League One clubs.