Summer Rumour Mill

sage

10 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

IMG_2008.thumb.jpeg.5111b6702e784cf8dc8ceded011a1d12.jpeg
Leigh Curtis hinted at it earlier 

4 minutes ago, Topram said:

Post above pal suggest a striker Is close 

Ah ok! 

So, that's not something @Big Travhas suggested is actually happening tonight, then?

I was wondering whether we might be expecting a double announcement tonight but I suspect it might just be the kit launch and maybe Fornah...

I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if Fornah is better as a defensive midfielder than Korey Smith in terms of reading the game, organizing the team to move us up the pitch, and trying to pick an attacking pass. I hope to be proved wrong and it's true youthful vitality would bring a lot more energy to our team (let's have Sibley, Tommo and Rooney as starters).

Since the days of Gorgeous George we've played with two holding midfielders rather than one, stifling our attacking intent. I think that's such a mistake, and if bringing Fornah in means Warne will move the rest of the midfield forward to where they can better hurt the opposition, I think that's to the good.

13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Ah ok! 

So, that's not something @Big Travhas suggested is actually happening tonight, then?

I was wondering whether we might be expecting a double announcement tonight but I suspect it might just be the kit launch and maybe Fornah...

Yeah not heard anything about a striker until that Q&A today, but does sound like we finally are getting Close

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Not sure why Fornah hasn’t been announced yet, pictures were taken yesterday

I understand the Photographer was a complete amateur.  Lovely hot day, Tyrese giving his biggest cheesiest grin, Warney in the background taking down details about his loved ones, and the Photographer forgets about ‘The Sunny 16 rule’ and fails to get proper exposure. “Set your aperture to f/16 you t***; your shutter speed should be the reciprocal of the film speed”. Jesus. I can see I am going to have to travel up tomorrow with my Kodak Instamatic.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Charlton have signed Chem Campbell from Wolves - a very good signing on loan in my opinion. Did well at Wycombe last season.

I did wonder if that would be one we would be in for as he kind of fits the profile.

Didn't start many for Wycombe last season but scored a few and was a good option off the bench against tired defenders with his pace.

I work with a Wycombe fan who used to call him the athlete playing football, quick runner, but not that technical. Sounded like Dobbin to me, which if used correctly can be effective. 

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if Fornah is better as a defensive midfielder than Korey Smith in terms of reading the game, organizing the team to move us up the pitch, and trying to pick an attacking pass. I hope to be proved wrong and it's true youthful vitality would bring a lot more energy to our team (let's have Sibley, Tommo and Rooney as starters).

Since the days of Gorgeous George we've played with two holding midfielders rather than one, stifling our attacking intent. I think that's such a mistake, and if bringing Fornah in means Warne will move the rest of the midfield forward to where they can better hurt the opposition, I think that's to the good.

If Fornah is better at ‘reading the game, organising the team to move us up the pitch and picking a pass’ in addition to being younger, stronger and more athletic do you think he would be playing in L1 ? 

Your absolutely right, hope to be proved wrong but get the feeling some fans might just find he just runs around more. You don’t know what you have until it’s gone.