Summer Rumour Mill

sage

3 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Just seen Alex Oxlade-Chamberlin at B&Q getting a new patio

I saw him too.

Unfortunately he was being helped into an ambulance having done his hamstring and broken some fingernails lifting it into his flat bed truck. Out for 6 months.

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well it's a rumour so fair play.

At least it makes a change from me and @i-Ram making up nonsense from our south coast loungers......👍

Whisper it quietly, but I will be at the Wigan game to give Warne some ideas as to how I think he is doing so far.  If I tell him I am Fozzy’s mate, I might get 10 minutes upfront as we strive for a goal. 

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Honest assessment by Warne on Waghorn which settles my mind that he won't be the striker target but sounds like he's hoping to leave enough in the budget to keep him around for the season - Waghorn seems open to sticking around for now.

It also sounds like Thompson will be starting against Wigan and he's changed a few opinions around the club with his preseason. Great for him. 

The only other thing that surprised me was describing Korey Smith as a key player - perhaps we will be seeing a lot of him this season.

He isn’t the striker target no but he now could be used as a last resort 

Fron listening to Warne's interview im wondering if he has changed his mind on positions he wants in. He has previously mentioned he would like 2 more strikers in & a 10, but more recently that changed to a striker, 10 & a LWB. 

But I wonder if he is thinking of going back to the 2 strikers and a 10. Maybe Waggy & Rhodes plus a 10. Waggy may not have been in his thoughts originally but then been impressed by him after seeing him close up both as a man & as a player so maybe feels he is a decent cheap 4th option which was unexpected when looking at available players previously.

He was very complimentary of Thompson & how well he has done at LWB, Wilson is also getting fitter and can play there as well as Elder being back next week....so do we really need another LWB? If Elder is fully fit in a couple of weeks to start that leaves Wilson as cover, as well as Thompson Forsyth Sibley & Barkhuizen if really needed.

We have got no loans in yet, I do feel like we have budget space for 3 permanents + a couple of loans.

Edited by DCFC1388

35 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Whisper it quietly, but I will be at the Wigan game to give Warne some ideas as to how I think he is doing so far.  If I tell him I am Fozzy’s mate, I might get 10 minutes upfront as we strive for a goal. 

I hope you'll be taking taking some south of England artefacts to show those northern heathens how much civilization has advanced down here 

Like cutlery.

And quinoa.....🤣

30 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Well he did say we had a good budget, at least one bigger than most clubs, he even tweeted it. 

However ive just replayed the interview and he actually says Budgie...please say hello to our David McGoldrick replacement.

Bird Budgie GIF

It’s better than some of the YouTube highlight vids we’ve seen through the years! 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Fron listening to Warne's interview im wondering if he has changed his mind on positions he wants in. He has previously mentioned he would like 2 more strikers in & a 10, but more recently that changed to going round championship clubs with a bell shouting bring out your dead

But I wonder if he is thinking of going back to the 2 strikers and a 10. Maybe Waggy & Rhodes plus a 10. Waggy may not have been in his thoughts originally but then been impressed by him after seeing him close up both as a man & as a player so maybe feels he is a decent cheap 4th option which was unexpected when looking at available players previously.

He was very complimentary of Thompson & how well he has done at LWB, Wilson is also getting fitter and can play there as well as Elder being back next week....so do we really need another LWB? If Elder is fully fit in a couple of weeks to start that leaves Wilson as cover, as well as Thompson Forsyth Sibley & Barkhuizen if really needed.

We have got no loans in yet, I do feel like we have budget space for 3 permanents + a couple of loans.

FTFY