Summer Rumour Mill

sage

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

I’m not sure where/when this quote is from, but it does indicate the kind of numbers we’re going to be bringing in.

”Strengthen at wing back” - I’d be surprised to see less than 3 WBs arrive seeing as we basically have none right now.

“More number 10s” - if this is a recent quote then it might indicate that Didzy has his sights elsewhere. A replacement for him and a back-up, then another number 9 would probably be first choice with Collins as back-up.

With Chester, Davies & Stearman gone too then I think we’ll need two starting centre-backs and at least one squad player to go alongside Cash & Fozzy.

Looking at 9-10 players at very minimum.

Or were are looking at streaghing that department macgoldick going no were.

Seems like the left back right back positions should be proper contracts as will the centre forwards I am expecting to see arrive. If we lose the likes of Cashin Bird Knight or Sibley then probably I would be expecting to see loans filling those gap’s probably.

if McGoldrick stays that would be lovely but if he moves on then best wishes to him, if he stays I’d expect him to be playing in a number 10 role in modern football.

I would try to sell Collins well actually release him if he can find a contract from someone longer that the value of the one he has here, if not I am sure he would help us.

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Really? We need to replace McGee, Stearman, Chester, Davies, Roberts, White, Dobbin & Springett/Osula to get back to the smallest squad in the league. That's eight signings 

I would guess we will sign somewhere in the region of 10-14 players for the first team, with a further 10-12 for the U21 side. All in, I wouldn't be surprised if the club make more than 30 signings at all levels this offseason. 

Based on game time, Stearman, Chester and Davies can be counted as 1 so can't treat it as a 1 in 1 out

Based on players remaining, Loach and McGoldrick signing new deals, and playing 343:
GK, CBx3/4, WBx3, Wx2, CF = 10 or 11

On 17/05/2023 at 01:09, S8TY said:

After watching the industrial type of football Luton churn out I really hope in a way they don’t go up because it’s utter dross to watch …set pieces and physical ity obviously works for them and they’re good at it but jeeeez …that will only get you so far

Can’t believe a two bob club like Luton are knocking on the door of the elite division with their Wimbledon brand of anti football …..whilst we’re in division 3 ( thanks Mel ) there are some on here who would take any sort of success but to be sustainable surely we have to want to be better than that ….

I really like Warne ..I just hope we don’t go down the Luton percentage football route and he builds as side who can play different ways as I couldn’t sit and watch what Luton dish up week in week out …everyone to there own I guess 

That sounds pretty sour to me. Luton are a small club but with fiercely loyal fans who have been through the biggest grinder ever being points deducted season after season and fighting their way back from none league. If the go up they will be the only club to have gone top to bottom to top. That isn’t “two bob” 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Based on game time, Stearman, Chester and Davies can be counted as 1 so can't treat it as a 1 in 1 out

Based on players remaining, Loach and McGoldrick signing new deals, and playing 343:
GK, CBx3/4, WBx3, Wx2, CF = 10 or 11

Based on game time, yes, but who are these players we’re signing that categorically won’t get injured? you have to anticipate 20% of your squad to be out at any one time. 24 players in a squad 4-5 players out injured. 

We need three CBs because at the moment we have two, as you’ve eluded to in the second part.

I think 11 on top of what we have then additions for any outgoings such as Knight, Bird and probably McGoldrick. 

We must have somebody looking out for young players released from top clubs. Florists picked up Cash at 16 - released by Wycombe. Speaking of them , they have an abundance of players packing their bags - Coalback , Lyle Taylor , Cook. Droves of them out there.

19 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

We must have somebody looking out for young players released from top clubs. Florists picked up Cash at 16 - released by Wycombe. Speaking of them , they have an abundance of players packing their bags - Coalback , Lyle Taylor , Cook. Droves of them out there.

I’d take colback all day long, he’s a horrible little **** and is exactly what’s needed in league one 

38 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I’d take colback all day long, he’s a horrible little **** and is exactly what’s needed in league one 

I prefer to actually like the players at my football club - I don’t mean because they are nice chaps either 

Just now, deanoakaram4life said:

Let hope there’s no contact throughout the window! 

I'd have him at Derby. Proven goalscorer at League One for the last 3 seasons and would compliment Didzy nicely if he decides to stay. Suspect there might be interest in him at Championship Level however...

22 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Would like Ebiowei back on loan - wonder if he could be converted to a wing back? Seemed to struggle in the Championship so may he to drop down a level, but Warne should love him given how quick he runs.

He didn’t seem to track back much as a winger, was great going forward. Not sure is a warne player at all

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Disappointing that nobody has gone with the obvious, 'you're pulling numbers out of Uranus' gag here. 

Aye sounds like Pluto me (ploo to me... poo to me)

I've Saturn that gag for a while awaiting a cosmic pun fest... I should probably apologise now

28 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

He didn’t seem to track back much as a winger, was great going forward. Not sure is a warne player at all

image.png.006a525db7601691773f9c299d246528.png

Defensive stats compared to other wingers... 

BUT, he's not a wing back and probably wouldn't suit Warne.