A message from David Clowes

Arguably the best thing he could've said - took the emotion of the defeat out and focused on the progress of the club. He will be aware that this season was treated as a free hit by a lot of us. 

The expectations next season will be rightfully much higher. It's a busy time for Clowes in particular, he's charged with the overall operation of the club and putting the wheels in motion across the board to set us up for long-term success. It starts with the relationship with the EFL, negotiating the best possible business plan for us to work under, ensuring the player recruitment is well thought out and progressive and Warne has everything he needs to succeed.

What a breath of fresh air Mr Clowes is. Must be a dream for a manager to work under as well. 48 hours after a very disappointing end and it’s still focusing on the wider perspective of things. Have we grown/progressed this season?

The answer has to be yes. We could’ve grown/progressed more given the way things ended, but we’ve unplugged our life support, and emerged from our coma pretty well. The key now is to build  more of a core in the club’s playing staff. More depth, more potential and continue moving forward.

I’m glad Warne still has nothing but support, constantly chopping and changing and moving targets to fit completely different individuals is one of the reasons why we’re in this position in the first place. I think we’ll be stronger and healthier again by the time we kick off in a few short months.

Three things spring to mind...

1.  Despite the fact that he hinted he never intended for this to happen, and that it wasn't on his bucket list (I'm very much para-phrasing, obvs!), I get the impression that he's now starting to enjoy his new role, and may well have one eye on a longer term project than what he possibly initially planned.  Let's hope so!

2.  The guy just oozes class.

3.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.

Now, though, I also have a huge responsibility to every single supporter who comes to a game or follows the Club in this country or around the globe. It’s a responsibility that can be daunting at times but one which I relish with all my heart.

I believe we have made massive strides in EVERY element of the Club. Shortly after we bought the club, I identified the three pillars by which we had to be judged in everything we do. Stability. Integrity. Progress.”

Possibly the most important part of the statement for me. Speaking about what it means to him to be owner of the club and the wider responsibility of that, love it. Talking about the three key elements of his leadership….stability, integrity and progress, proper values to work towards. Exactly what we need after the rollercoaster of the Morris era.