A message from David Clowes

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

What surprises me is that Clowes works with Warne all week, and he doesn’t seem to find him annoying nor can he see how rubbish he has been since taking over from Liam. Actually that is as worrying as it is surprising.

"Stability. Integrity. Progress" probably comes in to it.

Clowes has clearly chosen the path he wants to go down and believes Warne to be that man. 1 season in and we narrowly missed out on the playoffs. It's not the end of the world, and there are some very simple areas to improve on to ensure we meet our target next season - promotion. Stability means we stick with the manager who has a very realistic possibility of winning promotion.
The progress bit will come in to it next season. Limping along between 5th and 10th all season wouldn't be progress, but Warne would still have the chance to finish the season to achieve the target. Failure should be a sackable offence IMO. A very strong attempt at challenging for top 2, but not going up would probably be enough for him to keep his job.

You say he's been rubbish, and in a lot of aspects of management I would tend to agree with you. Squad management, recruitment, academy integration, in game management, etc. The reality is, we don't know what has been discussed in the boardroom to justify the decisions which have been made. But, there's very little margin for error next season and the actions shouldn't be excused by 'EFL restrictions'.

Not sure how Clowes can classed as a real fan...why isn't is raging about the most blatant conspiracy of all time, with the EFL and refs all working together to deny us promotion. Supporters of other clubs often cry conspiracy when they get bad decisions and I never believed them. I do now though!

11 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Not sure how Clowes can classed as a real fan...why isn't is raging about the most blatant conspiracy of all time, with the EFL and refs all working together to deny us promotion. Supporters of other clubs often cry conspiracy when they get bad decisions and I never believed them. I do now though!

Are you serious about him not being a real fan, he is the owner and has to think about what he says. Did you want a mouthy one like morris and gibson. Thats why we nearly dissapeared as a football club.

27 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Are you serious about him not being a real fan, he is the owner and has to think about what he says. Did you want a mouthy one like morris and gibson. Thats why we nearly dissapeared as a football club.

Apologies for not making my pss take obvious enough. Worrying thing is that I can (almost) imagine people saying it.

39 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Apologies for not making my pss take obvious enough. Worrying thing is that I can (almost) imagine people saying it.

32 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Sorry i  took it the wrong way, but you do get some silly posters.😉

You and me both, @Kathcairns

I very almost nearly ever-so-closely called @ariotofmyown a complete and utter nob'ead!

So glad I didn't, now!  Phew!  😁

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

You and me both, @Kathcairns

I very almost nearly ever-so-closely called @ariotofmyown a complete and utter nob'ead!

So glad I didn't, now!  Phew!  😁

Wish you had have done, then I could have given the usual cry of "it's a forum, it should be about opinions, no matter how dire they are" response!

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

"Stability. Integrity. Progress" probably comes in to it.

Clowes has clearly chosen the path he wants to go down and believes Warne to be that man. 1 season in and we narrowly missed out on the playoffs. It's not the end of the world, and there are some very simple areas to improve on to ensure we meet our target next season - promotion. Stability means we stick with the manager who has a very realistic possibility of winning promotion.
The progress bit will come in to it next season. Limping along between 5th and 10th all season wouldn't be progress, but Warne would still have the chance to finish the season to achieve the target. Failure should be a sackable offence IMO. A very strong attempt at challenging for top 2, but not going up would probably be enough for him to keep his job.

You say he's been rubbish, and in a lot of aspects of management I would tend to agree with you. Squad management, recruitment, academy integration, in game management, etc. The reality is, we don't know what has been discussed in the boardroom to justify the decisions which have been made. But, there's very little margin for error next season and the actions shouldn't be excused by 'EFL restrictions'.

Thanks for the reply GOC. My post actually was very tongue in cheek, and my idea of paradoxical humour. Warne is not my cup of tea at all, but clearly he must have something as Clowes is clearly no mug. I hope his investment in Warne works out as Clowes deserves it to, but I am not convinced we are going down the right road (and promotion in itself might not persuade me otherwise). All the best.

So lucky that he rescued us. That statement is perfect. Unlike MM his love of the club and not himself shines through. Like first match at PP after nearly losing the club reading it made me well up. He is all of us (if we had slightly more funds!) and feels like our club is in safe hands. As DC and his team build the club back sustainably think we as fans need to be realistic and patient and think if we would really want to return to living beyond our means and recklessly risking the club again

7 hours ago, i-Ram said:

What surprises me is that Clowes works with Warne all week, and he doesn’t seem to find him annoying nor can he see how rubbish he has been since taking over from Liam. Actually that is as worrying as it is surprising.

I guess that he's far too professional to share his personal thoughts about Warne to us plebs on a football forum.

Much the same you'd expect any owner with a modicum of integrity to operate.

Just because we had an owner who went barging into the players dressing room to tear a strip off them doesn't mean that's an acceptable way to conduct yourself.

Edited by Tyler Durden