A message from David Clowes

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Arguably the best thing he could've said - took the emotion of the defeat out and focused on the progress of the club. He will be aware that this season was treated as a free hit by a lot of us. 

The expectations next season will be rightfully much higher. It's a busy time for Clowes in particular, he's charged with the overall operation of the club and putting the wheels in motion across the board to set us up for long-term success. It starts with the relationship with the EFL, negotiating the best possible business plan for us to work under, ensuring the player recruitment is well thought out and progressive and Warne has everything he needs to succeed.

The fact that he used the word stability gives me much hope

hope that unlike mel he wont bemd to public / social media opinion and sack the manager after the first set of bad results

i like this guy a lot .

We’re in good hands 

7 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

The fact that he used the word stability gives me much hope

hope that unlike mel he wont bemd to public / social media opinion and sack the manager after the first set of bad results

i like this guy a lot .

We’re in good hands 

The other side of the coin also important in terms of not immediately capitulating to the managers and fans seasonal wish list.

Sensible budgets,with full accountability for adverse variations. If we need to raise £3m from player sales and only get 50p plus a couple of packets of crisps, well then that's 3m you don't get to spend Paul.

Yes, I am a full, sad man.....🤣

The interesting test is going to be when stability, integrity and progress come into conflict.

In much the same way as you'd hope safety would be the ultimate goal on a hazardous construction project, you'd hope integrity will triumph when tested by circumstances.

Progress is the easiest measuring stick, there's a table, there's wins, there's points but the stability and integrity are what will make the club strong and healthy in the long term. We've all seen the result of binning off stability and integrity in the pursuit of progress and a few of us remember as well the long period of stability under the (granted, maddening at times) GSE/Nigel years.

20 hours ago, i-Ram said:

What surprises me is that Clowes works with Warne all week, and he doesn’t seem to find him annoying nor can he see how rubbish he has been since taking over from Liam. Actually that is as worrying as it is surprising.

Has Clowes said he doesn't find him annoying? Or that he hasn't been rubbish? 

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The interesting test is going to be when stability, integrity and progress come into conflict.

In much the same way as you'd hope safety would be the ultimate goal on a hazardous construction project, you'd hope integrity will triumph when tested by circumstances.

Progress is the easiest measuring stick, there's a table, there's wins, there's points but the stability and integrity are what will make the club strong and healthy in the long term. We've all seen the result of binning off stability and integrity in the pursuit of progress and a few of us remember as well the long period of stability under the (granted, maddening at times) GSE/Nigel years.

Stability, integrity and progress don't come into conflict.  The point is that the progress made by wild and/or dishonest policies turns out not to be progress at all.  Stability and integrity can slow down apparent progress.  The quickest way to build a building is not to waste time on foundations.  But . . .