Sheffield Wednesday (A) Sun 7th May, 12:00 KO

Anyone else sick and tired of seeing other clubs having their moments in the sun? Fans on the pitch, players celebrating etc.

sick and tied of seeing our players sat on their arses looking sorry for themselves at the end of games that really matter. 

Warne really has had an education about “the Derby way” today 

Bolster the midfield with some nastiness, learn to take our chances and drastically improve attacking set pieces and we’ll be in the mix again.

🐏❤️

Sheffield were there to be had today.

We can only blame ourselves. We are one of the best teams at creating chances in the league and one of the worst at converting them. 

Blame refs and the EFL if you want. Come up with an imaginary conspiracy theory if it helps.

This was our own fault. Nobody elses.

I for one am proud of the effort and performance today there gk was mom 

we gave it everything and you can’t ask more than that…ultimately this game was decided on a crap decision but the lads gave it there all 

Jason Knights wave to fans I think means he’s off and some strikers are required …love my team and appreciate the effort they have all given 

also Thankyou David Clowes for saving our club we go again next season 

UTR 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Microcosm of the season today. Incapable of results away from home and surviving terrible refereeing.

Not overly bothered about it as we weren’t doing Wednesday over 2 legs. We could win 2-0 at home and manage to lose 4-0 away, but it never sits right when you feel cheated by other factors. 

You say that but in the two games against us Wednesday looked (to me) the least dangerous of the 4 play-off teams. We came up short in the season and in today's match but an equaliser wouldn't have been too unexpected.

Yeah as been mentioned the lack of strengthening in January (in fact with osula going In my opinion we were effectively weakened despite White coming in) has caught up with us. 

that cash in the bank from not reinforcing didn’t do us much good 

shame. Let’s hope that SW or Barnsley go up so one of them is gone for next season. 

enjoy the rest of the weekend and safe journey back from the match everyone 

Edited by norwichram

Hope Wednesday go up now so that's another 'big side' out the way. With the three coming down, there isn't too much threat being added to the division.

We played well today, we should've got something. Get more athleticism in the squad, sign some players to suit Warne a little better and hopefully have some extra room to manouevre with the business plan, and we have a real chance next season.

I'm gutted to miss out but I said before I think we'll be better off in the long-term having another season being a bigger fish in a smaller pond. One more year where we have to take our little papers to the EFL and ask if we're allowed to sign a certain player or not. It's easier for us to compete in those circumstances than if we have to try and battle with other clubs for free transfers at a Championship level who can offer more.

Trying to find a positive, but we'll be alright.

Disappointing to not make playoffs after that amazing run we were on in the middle of the season, when it looked like we could challenge for autos.  Our small squad with some older players ran out of steam. Still, a decent effort after where we were 12 months ago.

Weds deserve to go up after getting so many point for 3rd.

With a broke Wigan and Reading coming down, you'd hope we'd be a main challenger for Autos next season.

Edited by ariotofmyown

2 minutes ago, BPV said:

Might seem harsh/reactionary, but I don’t want Warne next season.

With how we’ve played and the chances we’ve had to make the playoffs, this in my opinion is a failure. 

I don’t like his style of play, and I sure as hell don’t want us signing “Warne type” players 

Bore off mate

3 minutes ago, BPV said:

With how we’ve played and the chances we’ve had to make the playoffs, this in my opinion is a failure. 

I don’t like his style of play, and I sure as hell don’t want us signing “Warne type” players 

agree with you completely

i just do not think he fits our style as a club at all and he has a small club mentality

he was succesful at rotherham for a reason ( doing fine without him by the way)

there is no long term success with warne in my eyes

Edited by alram

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We can only blame ourselves. We are one of the best teams at creating chances in the league and one of the worst at converting them. 

Blame refs and the EFL if you want. Come up with an imaginary conspiracy theory if it helps.

Apart from their keeper making 3 outstanding saves and two superb interceptions of crosses. Wildsmith had one shot on target and one penalty to save. It was Wednesday who were poor in front of goal.

3 minutes ago, BPV said:

It's all about opinions and I have been disappointed by the performances - mostly to do with quality from the players we have ,but hard to get away from the fact that Warne hasn't really had much room to make the moves he almost definitely would have wanted, and until he does, he hasn't had a truly fair crack at it.

Presumably you realise that he is unlikely to be going anywhere on the back of this though (?)

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Sort of agree but that was very harsh to say the least. We played out of our skins, just didn’t go our way….