David Clowes đź‘Ź

RAMSINCE1969

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

"We didn’t get promotion but it wasn’t the end of the world". 
what an excellent interview. I love this man and his family. I saw his wife in the toilets at pride park and thought it would be inappropriate to hug her but wish I had!

If she was seated at the time, I for one think you probably exercised good judgment.

2 hours ago, Retro_RAM said:

I remember the months and years looking at this forum during this time for any information, the lost count how many pages administration thread, forum members genuinely concerned and looking for support. The fake Saudi, the American chancer, the missed deadlines, the broken promises, Steve bloody Gibson...  and now we're here with plans for the future, a future we never thought we'd have.

Thank you David Clowes and actually thank you for every member of this forum for really pulling together during them difficult times. 

Here's to the coming season COYR!

By the way is there a full interview somewhere on the internet wouldn't mind listening / reading?

I remember spending an ungodly amount of time on this forum during that era.

And then I remember seeing a post(s) advising someone else to block the website for the sake of their own sanity. So I did exactly that for a few days.

Coming back on when everything was sorted and confirmed was a fantastic feeling.

6 hours ago, IslandExile said:

That's how close it was. I remember feeling the dread of having no club and the morning after David had been appointed I went down to Pride Park and walked round the ground taking in every detail. I had a coffee and a pastry at Greggs. It was all very quiet. I sat outside and just smiled and relaxed and let the tension of the last few weeks disappear. No matter what the future brings for the club, I will always be grateful for what he did for the club. Looking forward to hearing the interview tonight.

I remember that after we went into administration there were still comments from posters questioning whether or not MM was still behind the scene and pulling some strings. Once David had taken over that could never have happened. But perhaps the question had to be asked just to lay the ghost at rest.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

An 06/07 Preston home shirt, signed by Wee Billy Krankie.
A lock of Alan Biley's gorgeous long flowing blonde mane.
A life size waxwork model of Psycho snogging the horns off the Ram Badge.
A mechanically driven twirling Leeds Utd scarf, alongside some binoculars, all under a gushing waterfall to symbolise tears... entitled "Leeds cried more"!
A stuffed statue of a fully exposed Steve Buckley's dog... not be confused with a stuffed statue of a fully exposed  @Steve Buckley’s Dog!  God forbid! 

A very good interview from a clearly very dedicated supporter who has clearly very deep roots into the club, much longer than when he took ownership of the club. He clearly understands business, people and has a vision of how he sees the club going - hopefully for him (and all our sakes) that he’s successful. It would make it all the much sweeter knowing he’s the beneficiary from it all. 

Interesting to hear him openly slam the figures involved in the Bielik deal, obviously one that he had a particular distaste towards, but also very interesting to hear that Warne has a sizeable budget available to him - even prior to the Bielik sale. I didn’t believe that was the case, honestly, also I thought we were within a budget agreed by the EFL. In the interview, it didn’t seem like that was the case. 

I guess we will see how it all pans out - I do like that Clowes seems to have an expectation this season too. Definitely feel like there is an expectation to be promoted and that he is funding that to some extent. It seems like this season we will have a more professional and expectant approach in our club. Thriving rather than surviving, again finally - it feels good!

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Is this the one your mate has, @sage? 

Yes. He can have it for ÂŁ1000 and Bobby Davison's jockstrap.

David. If you are reading this, send me a DM and we can talk business. Maybe.

Edited by sage

Just now, angieram said:

Or he could just gift it to him? For saving our club, like? 

ÂŁ1000 is a bargain. Mates rates.

I don't know for sure if my mate will sell, but he wouldn't certainly meet and show it to him and his other rare ones.