David Clowes πŸ‘

RAMSINCE1969

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Me either but if you look down the Twitter thread there are some agreeing and suggesting it needed asking. To 'put it to bed', but people who believe Morris might still be involved - as if Clowes would agree to that! - won't believe a no anyway. Utterly pointless to play to the trolls like that.

We all read some absolute s**** on this forum, and for it never have been said on here... kinda shows you how few people have questioned it!

14 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

If you’re quick enough you can click on the link & put your phone into aeroplane mode & you’ll be able to read it.

Non-Twitter link to the Yahoo webpage that basically reprints the Telegraph (and others) pages:

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/story-derby-county-dice-death-070000060.html?

"We didn’t get promotion but it wasn’t the end of the world".Β 
what an excellent interview. I love this man and his family. I saw his wife in the toilets at pride park and thought it would be inappropriate to hug her but wish I had!
Hope all those moaning and entitled about everything read this and think on to the absolute garbage they have had to sort in the last year. have patience - it will be so much more special if done the right way

Just now, ossieram said:

Because believe it or not, there are people out there still peddling the rumour that Mel is financing DC.

FFS the world is full of nutters. And as I said Clowes denying it won't convince the 'flat-earthers' anyway.

9 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

"We didn’t get promotion but it wasn’t the end of the world".Β 
what an excellent interview. I love this man and his family. I saw his wife in the toilets at pride park and thought it would be inappropriate to hug her but wish I had!
Hope all those moaning and entitled about everything read this and think on to the absolute garbage they have had to sort in the last year. have patience - it will be so much more special if done the right way

Now read bbc version "People ask why I did it. It was purely to save the football club, no more. There is no ego with me. I'm passionate about Derby County"

anyone else feeling bit emotional reading these today?

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Β 

Some different info in Leigh's article:

"...

"I've been crying out for stability at Derby for many, many years," he says.

"That is the one thing that we've lacked for a long time. I think we've got that. The results - alright we didn't get promoted - but I think the progression of the club we are seeing that.

"Behind the scenes, there are a lot of things going on. We're slowly but surely growing this club and there are lots of things that can't be discussed at the minute, but I'm very excited about the future of what we're trying to instill.

"We're putting the foundations in place that will see this club right for many, many, years."

All eyes are now fixed on what Derby can achieve on the pitch. In Warne, they have a manager who has a proven track record of escaping League One with Rotherham on three occasions.

He was courted by Championship clubs before Derby made their move and both men share the same principles that make them a perfect fit.

Derby had made inquiries for Warne last summer but he was not quite ready to leave Rotherham given the start of the season was only just a matter of weeks away.

But when they were given the green light, Derby wasted no time in chasing the man the fans dub the League One Guardiola. It meant dispensing with the company of Rosenior, who is now manager at Hull, and by Clowes' own admission, it was a tough call to make.

"Liam had been at Derby two years by that point," he explains. "It was a no-brainer to put him in as interim manager but with all these things, you have a process.

"We had to interview other managers. We went through a whole list and narrowed it down to five. Liam was interviewed as well. He was part of that process. We had to give Liam the opportunity. He is a great guy. Liam was one of the first ones to ring me when I took over the club on July 1. He always made me feel welcome at Moor Farm. When I went to see him after a match, it was great. He is a good coach. The one little ingredient in all this was experience at managerial level. I felt Derby County is a big job and a big rebuild.

"Once we knew there was an opportunity that we could speak to Paul we just had to go down that path. I compare it with Arthur Cox when he fell out with Newcastle, Derby were straight in before anybody else. We knew there was a lot of interest in Paul from other clubs, Championship clubs. I thought if we don't get him here, we're going to miss the boat. He has a proven record. He has three promotions. We nicknamed him the King of League One which he is. His man management, his empathy. He just ticks every single box.

"Paul is a man of principle. He has those values. He didn't want to let Rotherham or his chairman down, but bear in mind, this was only about three weeks before the start of the season. It wasn't the right time for him, or Rotherham. He was the one we wanted, but with Liam it was close. Closer than you think." ..."

Just now, Srg said:

Good article, when you fight the gauntlet of s**** to read the damn thing.

There are often options on browers to go into 'reader mode' - Immersive Reader on Edge. Cuts out all the crap and mostly just leaves the text.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Non-Twitter link to the Yahoo webpage that basically reprints the Telegraph (and others) pages:

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/story-derby-county-dice-death-070000060.html?

Thanks @RoyMac5. Β A good read and brings back all the emotion and memories of the last couple of years and how close it really came to us going bust. Β Interesting how he talks about assuming a takeover would have happened quickly but then they discovered how complex it all was. Β I’m Sure what we all know only scratches the surface.

Β 

I remember the months and years looking at this forum during this time for any information, the lost count how many pages administration thread, forum members genuinely concerned and looking for support. The fake Saudi, the American chancer, the missed deadlines, the broken promises, Steve bloody Gibson...Β  and now we're here with plans for the future, a future we never thought we'd have.

Thank you David Clowes and actually thank you for every member of this forum for really pulling together during them difficult times.Β 

Here's to the coming season COYR!

By the way is there a full interview somewhere on the internet wouldn't mind listening / reading?

Β