David Clowes 👏

RAMSINCE1969

22 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Just listened to the interview - we are so, so blessed to have DC as owner of our Club. Never been a fan of Ed Dawes but credit where credit is due - he did well.

22 hours ago, bcnram said:

I too have never been a fan of Ed Dawes, but he asked good questions (and got good answers).

Out of interest, why the negative opinion on him ? I don’t understand why he gets so much hate by some of the fan base. He’s a journalist as a job but also a rams fan.

1 hour ago, desirelines said:

Only recently I remembered how badly that period of administration affected my enjoyment of football. Completely fell out of love with the game. One year one since the club was saved, and I'm feeling much brighter about Derby County and football in general. 

Administration was horrible and something I hope we never go through again. However, weirdly it has been one of my favourite seasons of football for a long time. The fans, players and manager came together. The atmosphere was the best it’s ever been at PP. Everyone was against us and we played like that too. Some of my favourite memories from the last 5 years or so was from that season. Wba, Fulham, bmouth, sheff U at home. Incredible atmospheres 

3 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Administration was horrible and something I hope we never go through again. However, weirdly it has been one of my favourite seasons of football for a long time. The fans, players and manager came together. The atmosphere was the best it’s ever been at PP. Everyone was against us and we played like that too. Some of my favourite memories from the last 5 years or so was from that season. Wba, Fulham, bmouth, sheff U at home. Incredible atmospheres 

I won't disagree that the unity was an incredible feeling. The psychodrama surrounding the takeover, however, led to many sleepless nights. 

I just want Ed Dawes to describe what is happening in the football match. He has improved since Ramage left, as they were just trying to take the p… out of each other. He is best when Eric Steele is co- commentating as Steele keeps him in order. Needs to keep his personal views to himself a bit more. I want to hear a professional commentary (needs to take lessons from Owen on Rams TV). I want to hear from a pro not a Rams Fan, who can’t contain himself to tell you about when he was in the Ossie end in 1990.

if we concede a goal it’s “here we go again” - just tell us what’s happening.

He criticises tactics, selection etc etc but when interviewing the Head Coach afterwards he just wants to be mates! He doesn’t address the criticisms he makes during the game.

8 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

I just want Ed Dawes to describe what is happening in the football match. He has improved since Ramage left, as they were just trying to take the p… out of each other. He is best when Eric Steele is co- commentating as Steele keeps him in order. Needs to keep his personal views to himself a bit more. I want to hear a professional commentary (needs to take lessons from Owen on Rams TV). I want to hear from a pro not a Rams Fan, who can’t contain himself to tell you about when he was in the Ossie end in 1990.

if we concede a goal it’s “here we go again” - just tell us what’s happening.

He criticises tactics, selection etc etc but when interviewing the Head Coach afterwards he just wants to be mates! He doesn’t address the criticisms he makes during the game.

He doesn't do the interviewing after the game does he?

I much prefer Dawes and RD over any tv commentator. I love the fan in him coming out, if I wanted neutral mundane commentary that's Sky. If I can't be at the game I want to feel like I am with the passion and the moans along the way.

It's like having a friend at every game letting you know what's happening through their eyes. Sure sometimes it might be through rose tinted glasses or some minor detail slightly wrong, but I don't care as I'm living the game through them. 

I agree that with Ramage it was too banter led, but now with Robinson or Steele there's professional expertise at a senior level, or with Bolder there's a newer link into the mindset of the changing room. The current blend works really well for me anyhow. But each to their own opinions. 

Edited by Ram@Lincoln

On 01/07/2023 at 13:36, bcnram said:

I too have never been a fan of Ed Dawes, but he asked good questions (and got good answers).

He asked nothing anyone else wouldn’t have done, other than that absolute mental question about Mel being involved which has never ever been questioned. 

Would have preferred Dom Dietrich just doing it. 

7 hours ago, Srg said:

He asked nothing anyone else wouldn’t have done, other than that absolute mental question about Mel being involved which has never ever been questioned. 

Would have preferred Dom Dietrich just doing it. 

I remember rumours going round on social media that Mel was still involved and pulling the strings, after Clowes bought us. 

43 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

I remember rumours going round on social media that Mel was still involved and pulling the strings, after Clowes bought us. 

It’s a mental question because it implies the man who stopped funding us when he was the owner, relinquished control of the club and therefore any benefit from owning the club, is still funding us out of what - the goodness of his heart? 

If he wants to throw in money with no return, he can for me, but he’ll never get any thanks from any supporter of this club for doing so.

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

It’s a mental question because it implies the man who stopped funding us when he was the owner, relinquished control of the club and therefore any benefit from owning the club, is still funding us out of what - the goodness of his heart? 

If he wants to throw in money with no return, he can for me, but he’ll never get any thanks from any supporter of this club for doing so.

That our saviour would get in bed with the Devil! 

18 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Ed Dawes annoys me. Every time the opposition get near our goal he gets over excited. When things aren’t going well his ‘we’re doomed’ voice is OTT

I think that’s the fan in him coming out. Don’t tell me you’ve never had those same thoughts in that situation. Its the Derby way🐏