Burton Albion (H) Sat 22nd April

8 minutes ago, David said:

Remember that one, wrote an article on the DET to make the announcement 😂 

Anyone thinking of going down this route, depressed about not being able to get tickets for Derby away games, I’ve just been on the Burton ticket site, you don’t need a customer number and you can buy up to 50 tickets for your biggest away game of the season.

9 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Anyone thinking of going down this route, depressed about not being able to get tickets for Derby away games, I’ve just been on the Burton ticket site, you don’t need a customer number and you can buy up to 50 tickets for your biggest away game of the season.

And your own private coach.

2 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Think we might see the same Saturday,they have played all the top teams later and done rather well,in fact better than we have against the top teams

Yes that's what I fear it was always going to be a hard match but they have hit some form lately. We can't afford to drop points at this stage of the season. 

42 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

They made us look bang average at their place.

Hmmm. My recollection was that they made us look uncomfortable, rather than bang average, by kicking the ball into our penalty area as often as possible from 60 yards out, a tactic that eventually got them an equaliser. 

I expect they'll do that again tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Yes that's what I fear it was always going to be a hard match but they have hit some form lately. We can't afford to drop points at this stage of the season. 

Their excellent run has meant that they probably can, though. No real danger of relegation now plus their recent efforts will have taken a fair bit out of them. Sometimes that can result in a flat performance and a loss that reminds you not to get carried away thinking you can sustain such form over a season.

57 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Think we might see the same Saturday,they have played all the top teams later and done rather well,in fact better than we have against the top teams

Some interesting stats there.  Thanks.

How do we compare against the bottom teams... and the fair-to-middling teams... over the course of the full season (which is what really matters!), rather than just recent form?  

1 hour ago, ramboy63 said:

Well not met david macgoldic yet have they I am feeling rather confident in this new formation.

Play to the levels that we know that we can play and we have every reason to be confident. A lacklustre performance (of which we have seen too many recently) and a failure to take our chances and Burton will not need a second invitation. They've had some excellent results recently and pulled themselves to safety in quite impressive style so fair play to them.

They'll be up for this though and based on previous meetings there's no doubt that they will fancy their chances of getting something here. We've generally failed to turn up for this one and it's about time we did, with main motivation of keeping ourselves in the playoff mix as long as possible, not because the opposition play their football are just down the road. Let them focus on that aspect.

16 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Hopeful it will be a sell or pretty close to it.

I noticed that the lower Guthrie was empty again for the last home game . Around 500 freebies not used.We had about 250 fans in the home end at the Pirelli and one Burton fan on crutches went mental , I hope he is recovered for this one.