Exeter City (A) Tues 18th April

1 minute ago, Rich3478 said:

Hope so but think swap nml and knight

Yes I’m sure that would be the case. Mine was more a hope.

We really need to work out how to get players beyond McG to stop ourselves looking so toothless. NML and Sibley starting behind McG but running ahead into the channels and stretching the opposition would be a decent option.

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

There have been plenty of comments about players not looking in form, in need of a rest, changes required for various reasons. And Warne’s plan appears to be to persist with his 3 at the back. 

I’m thinking your prediction of this run in being a testing bed for 3 at the back next season might be right.

Just now, Ramarena said:

Yes I’m sure that would be the case. Mine was more a hope.

We really need to work out how to get players beyond McG to stop ourselves looking so toothless. NML and Sibley starting behind McG but running ahead into the channels and stretching the opposition would be a decent option.

I’m struggling to recall us playing well with a back five.

just doesn’t feel like giving ourselves the best chance of winning games lately, before they even start. Hope is different tonight.

looking forward to sibley and mcgoldrick though. 

1 minute ago, Rich3478 said:

just doesn’t feel like giving ourselves the best chance of winning games lately, before they even start. Hope is different tonight.

Oh I remember a time. Shame it was was almost 30 years ago now

3 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Sibley definitely offers an additional goal threat which we’ve been crying out for, hopefully he’s keen to prove Warne wrong for leaving him out. In fact hopefully all 4 of the rotated players have that in their heads and it leads to a winning performance 

For what it’s worth I wouldn’t have been keeping Davies out of the side as he is our best defender what was his last start - West Ham in the cup? He needs to play regularly not in fits and starts appearances - I have no idea if he will be more vulnerable with 3 at the back.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

I'm sure 45 minutes of Roberts crossing in for him to head it, and Cashin lumping big diagonals up to him will more than convince Warne to keep him on...

Which means Bird and Hourihane need to get the ball from the defenders and turn round and face the opposition instead of their first pass being a back pass to the defence 

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wildsmith

Forsyth   Davies   Cashin

Mendez-Laing   Knight   Bird   Hourihane   Roberts

Sibley   McGoldrick

Ed Dawes seems confident that Knight is playing RWB and NML up front with Didzy.  🤞  

Edited by RedSox
Don't know my left from my right!