Referees

Seaside Ram

Exeter played some nice football at times and apparently played Wigan off the park on Saturday despite losing. So we’ll done Derby tonight.

To give a bit of balance on our “crisis”, we are now one point better off after 13 games, than we were last season. It was at this stage that we started our long unbeaten run of 15 games in the League. There’s still hope yet.

10 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Referee was excellent tonight. Kept the game flowing.

Never a penalty in the first half and the disallowed goal was the Lino's fault.

Looking back at the replays this morning, was it given for Waghorn being offside when Barkhuizen crossed it to him to head back across goal to NML who was onside to head in?

Not clear from the RamsTV footage as doesn't show the moment the cross went in with Waghorn in the same picture, but in the build up to the cross Waghorn was further forward than the last defender, but he may have held back to be onside. 

2 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

Looking back at the replays this morning, was it given for Waghorn being offside when Barkhuizen crossed it to him to head back across goal to NML who was onside to head in?

Not clear from the RamsTV footage as doesn't show the moment the cross went in with Waghorn in the same picture, but in the build up to the cross Waghorn was further forward than the last defender, but he may have held back to be onside. 

The linesman pointed his flag downwards which indicates the offside was on his side of the pitch ie Mendes Lang rather than Waggy.

14 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Referee was excellent tonight. Kept the game flowing.

Never a penalty in the first half and the disallowed goal was the Lino's fault.

Yes, I thought the ref was the best we’ve had. Yellows given were reasonable on both sides, let play run when he could. missed the chance to give us an advantage late on but no one is perfect. Barring the guy who made sure Hourihan got booked the Exeter players weren’t drama queens or shirt pullers. It was to my mind a proper sporting contest and the ref helped make it so, along with the right attitude from all the players. 

7 minutes ago, jono said:

Yes, I thought the ref was the best we’ve had. Yellows given were reasonable on both sides, let play run when he could. missed the chance to give us an advantage late on but no one is perfect. Barring the guy who made sure Hourihan got booked the Exeter players weren’t drama queens or shirt pullers. It was to my mind a proper sporting contest and the ref helped make it so, along with the right attitude from all the players. 

Thought their number 5 went down twice with minimal to no contact in the first half but agree otherwise.

Edited by rynny

3 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

Either way it was wrong! Woeful decision,just glad we were good enough on the night for it to not be too costly 

2 hours ago, NottsRam said:

The linesman pointed his flag downwards which indicates the offside was on his side of the pitch ie Mendes Lang rather than Waggy.

Thanks for pointing this out. I've learned something new here with regard to offside flagging.

I hope goal difference doesn't come into play at the end of the season or my bitterness will take a new twist.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Because if you watch the highlights back he is absolutely nowhere near in line with the play when he puts his flag up. From the angle he was stood at it may well have looked offisde, but he was in totally the wrong position.

Could have cost us as only 1-0 at the time . Thanks to Washington all ended well though. 

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Because if you watch the highlights back he is absolutely nowhere near in line with the play when he puts his flag up. From the angle he was stood at it may well have looked offisde, but he was in totally the wrong position.

I may have got this mixed up with something else on reflection. If the lino was in fact in the right position then if anything that makes the decision even worse.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I may have got this mixed up with something else on reflection. If the lino was in fact in the right position then if anything that makes the decision even worse.

It was a terrible decision.

Hourihane booking was harsh also I thought but some may disagree.

6 hours ago, Curtains said:

It was a terrible decision.

Hourihane booking was harsh also I thought but some may disagree.

I think it was a tad harsh but Hourihan had to make his point didn’t he ? Could have avoided it. His opponent did the same in a sly way. Bluntly, they drew the refs attention for different reasons and motivations, daft by Con, played in to his hands. The ref had to do what he had to do

12 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Could I just say congratulations to Rebecca Welch who will be officiating in the Prem tomorrow.

Best ref we’ve seen in League One.

Much deserved recognition.

She stands no nonsense and is a good assessor of situations as they arise.She quickly gains the respect of the players who know that she is fair and impartial!

To succeed in what has been an essentially male preserve is an achievement in itself. Congratulations on this recognition of your talent!