League 1 Play Off Final Date Confirmed | Monday 29th May, 3pm

Day

Before the pile on like this is somehow another topic that will somehow jinx our chances and curse the teams performances, just stop.

We’re up there, with a chance and some people like to know the dates to keep free, with that, the date has been confirmed as Monday 29th May, 3pm. Do with that information what you will.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

I should add, three of the Stag Party I was with were Villa fans!

Many QPR in Cleethorpes?

Ah, ok, you have me there.

No. I was the only Derby fan in the pub as well, not many even paying attention to the game as Zamora crushed me. Somehow made it feel worse how nobody realised what had just happened.

25 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Why have they changed it? Championship is usually the last one to be played, on the Monday.

I used to think that!

We used to holiday at the end of May.

2007 wasn't a problem, as we were so far ahead in the table, (In the January, when we booked the holiday) play off's weren't  a consideration!  Watched the West Brom game in a bar on Majorca!  

So for 2014, I wised up, and booked our return to EMA for the Saturday 24th May, giving me a full 48 hours to get mesen down to Wembley if need be (Booked in the January again).

Turns out (Back then at least), they alternated it annually!  You can imagine my suppressed guffaws (Not!), when reality dawned!  🙄

The saving grace was I got to turn the telly off straight after Bobby's heartbreaker, and order a takeaway, rather than being stuck in London in tears, with everyone else!

We had to drive back from Wembley after the Villa game and get up at ridiculous o'clock the next day to go on holiday. Didn't really have time to process (or dwell on) the disappointment, which was marginally preferable to the mourning period endured after QPR! 

This year we've played it safe and don't go on holiday until the week after.