League 1 Play Off Final Date Confirmed | Monday 29th May, 3pm

Day

7 hours ago, David said:

Here he is, recycling the same one liner.

It's ok, my mums quite old as well and she does the same, forgets what she's said before. 

I bet she still knows the way to Pride Park better than you though.

14 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

I think by 5 o’clock on Saturday we will have an good idea if we are going or not. If anyone deserves to go it’s David Clowes.

He can bloody well get in the queue with the rest of us!

Obviously I'm joking. I've already got my sofa booked.

On 23/03/2023 at 17:46, B4ev6is said:

Were abouts are you going mate if it is near london way you could always say here some much money go and treat yourself and you go to see derby play win win situation.

A cruise from Southampton. Sail away at 4pm !!  

Be gutted if we get there

On 23/03/2023 at 15:21, Rammy03 said:

Why have they changed it? Championship is usually the last one to be played, on the Monday.

The Championship play-off final has been brought forward to the Saturday to give the players called up for the Euro qualifiers in June a longer break. It is usual when Euro or World Cup qualifiers are played in June.

23 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Why haven't they announced the semifinal dates? That seems a bit of an oversight. What would be the reason for waiting? Is this at the behest of Sky?

Don't they usually wait until they know who is in them so they can get the juiciest picks for their schedule?

55 minutes ago, angieram said:

Don't they usually wait until they know who is in them so they can get the juiciest picks for their schedule?

Yeah even as I was typing I was presuming it's the TV schedulers. Aren't we bound to be the juiciest pick (he says arrogantly but objectively)? But I'm not sure what that would mean in terms of the dates. 

The general dates/period for the semis was announced on EFL site early in the season.  Seem to have disappeared since they recently announced the final dates?  🤷‍♂️

They were only "From/To" dates, mind, as they do need to see who's in them, and who plays which leg at home etc, so Sky can sort their schedule.

On 23/03/2023 at 13:12, David said:

Try being in Cleethorpes for the defeat to QPR. 

On 23/03/2023 at 13:16, Gaspode said:

Being at Wembley was worse.....

Was at both (more or less).  After the game drove my dad back to Derby, then drove my lad all the way over to some caravan park near Skeggy to his mum and gran as they were staying there the following week.  I made really good time and was in club house by 10pm. It really couldn’t have got any worse but it did - I unlucky witnessed the worst Michael Jackson impersonator ever 😂

I can’t believe that’s nine years ago now…

• 5 weeks later...

A bit weird effectively reversing the order for the 2nd legs!

Assuming we get there... and assuming we finish 6th...

8 days between our home leg and the away leg.
Championship get 3 days in between!  🤣

Don't mind the Friday night personally... but appreciate I live a 30 minute walk from the stadium.  Won't be preferable for some, I assume?
Equally, being sat in front of the telly at 12:30 on a Saturday lunchtime is do-able for me.  (For the second leg).

As for the final... the day itself wouldn't matter, per sé. 
3pm is good, as I'll be driving in and out on the day.  None of that horrendous train-shenanigans à la 2019!  (Perish the thought! 😲)

Now... All I need to do is convince my boss it's not worth me coming all that way back, just for 4 days, and we can head straight to Eurotunnel From Wembley, instead of heading south again the following Saturday!  Hmmm... I wonder...

😎🤣