Gary Lineker

Day

1 minute ago, cannable said:

It won’t survive like that

too easy to get the highlights to the games you want whilst the game’s still happening for a highlights only show to even be worth it

Our goals are on Twitter within minutes of us scoring, let alone from worldwide Premier League coverage

Hear you, but I have doubts that people tune in to listen to the punditry.

28 minutes ago, sage said:

David Attenborough banned too for a programme that some Tory MPs and the BBC Chairman/Moneylender may object to.

I would suggest this feels like 1930s Germany but @David may ban me. 

Except it has not been banned - it will be shown on iplayer which is run by the BBC.  And given that millions nowadays watch BBC programmes on iplayer rather than when they are actually broadcast and given the publicity that has been attached to this programme, it may get good viewing figures.

47 minutes ago, cstand said:

No unless he signed a legally binding contract with you.

But @Tyler Durden QC said if he's taken money then ergo there's an employment contract in place. 

I'm starting to think you guys may not be the experts I was lead to believe. Ergo I feel silly now. 

5 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

But @Tyler Durden QC said if he's taken money then ergo there's an employment contract in place. 

I'm starting to think you guys may not be the experts I was lead to believe. Ergo I feel silly now. 

He's employed by the BBC as he is desperately trying to currently prove with his case with HMRC. Your handyman or whatever isn't .

Quite ironic really that Lineker is trying to fall over himself to prove to HMRC that he is employed by the BBC to save himself millions  of pounds of tax liabilities on one hand but then doesn't think he then likewise has to fit in with his employers standards.

Ergo. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

Just now, GboroRam said:

It's a good point - is this criticism because of him bringing the BBC into disrepute? Is he displaying intolerance, hatred, bigotry or inciting violence against anyone? 

Or are his critics upset because he doesn't say things that they agree with? 

Pretty much like this thread.

Opinion very much polarised - and entirely predictable.

42 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Except it has not been banned - it will be shown on iplayer which is run by the BBC.  And given that millions nowadays watch BBC programmes on iplayer rather than when they are actually broadcast and given the publicity that has been attached to this programme, it may get good viewing figures.

Bobs Burgers Straws GIF

11 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

He's employed by the BBC as he is desperately trying to currently prove with his case with HMRC. Your handyman or whatever isn't .

Quite ironic really that Lineker is trying to fall over himself to prove to HMRC that he is employed by the BBC to save himself millions  of pounds of tax liabilities on one hand but then doesn't think he then likewise has to fit in with his employers standards.

Ergo. 

Yeh but Your Honour  you said if money has been exchanged then ergo there's an employment contract in place.

Are you now saying that me giving Malcolm 50 quid to wire a plug may not be an entirely watertight legal definition of a contract of employment?

If so, could he be dissing Ant and Dec in the pub as I type and I've no legal recourse to get my 50 quid back for bringing me into disrepute?

I'm bummed and Mrs Badger will be furious. 

I’m chuffed, can’t stand the old fart. And the other dinosaurs who chat rubbish. 
I blocked him on Twitter years ago and stopped watching MOTD. 
how big are the egos of those ruling themselves out? Who said they were required anyway?? Alex Scott gets every football related gig anyway so I’m stunned she won’t do it.