Gary Lineker

Day

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I think they have. Who gets called Gary nowadays? 

I thought the same, but apparently its rising back up the ranks of baby names. 

Still not top 100, mind.

7 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

We are lucky though. Imagine if most the media was owned and ran by billionaires who desperately wanted to maintain the status quo. They would try and divert attention from what you talk of above by continually exagerating issues that have little bearing on most people's lives. 

And thank god we have great politicians who can accurately describe complex issues to the electorate, then present wise solutions that both encompass humanity, plus a way of solving the root of the problem.

Do you mean the trans issue when you say exaggerated and having little bearing on most peoples lives ? This seems the tactic when starmer and the Labour Party are so out of step with the electorate, the way the trans issue is being fought by extremists has a massive bearing on women’s rights , safety and fairness, also a massive bearing on what is being put in front of children , 

I will say it again for clarity for some who will jump all over the above ,, trans rights I am happy to support but not at the expense of trampling on others rights , there has to be balance and fairness for all and for clarity I can never support the view that a percentage of women can have a penis, for a politician to state the opposite is either brainless or gutless and to pretend the issue does not matter is just daft 

So the next general election will be fought between two parties with hardly a fag paper to separate them just throwing out stupid insults and accusations, the tweet saying sunak does not want child sex offenders jailed is as pathetic as boris jibe at starmer over jimmy saville,

ffs is this really the best we can muster in terms of the governing classes , the electorate really need to come out and vote smaller parties in a big way to give these clowns filling the ranks of both main parties a real wake up jolt 

15 hours ago, Archied said:

So the next general election will be fought between two parties with hardly a fag paper to separate them just throwing out stupid insults and accusations, the tweet saying sunak does not want child sex offenders jailed is as pathetic as boris jibe at starmer over jimmy saville,

ffs is this really the best we can muster in terms of the governing classes , the electorate really need to come out and vote smaller parties in a big way to give these clowns filling the ranks of both main parties a real wake up jolt 

Think that advert will lose labour a lot of votes, likewise their silence on Brexit.

Lisa Nandy seemed to be on the right track last week, blaming the farce at Dover on the dire implementation of Brexit.

The same geniuses behind that awful advert are probably saying you can't mention Brexit cos of the "Red Wall". You can certainly mention the terrible way it's been implemented.

27 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Think that advert will lose labour a lot of votes, likewise their silence on Brexit.

Lisa Nandy seemed to be on the right track last week, blaming the farce at Dover on the dire implementation of Brexit.

The same geniuses behind that awful advert are probably saying you can't mention Brexit cos of the "Red Wall". You can certainly mention the terrible way it's been implemented.

This is off topic, but I had assumed Labour would win the next election. This advert might change my mind. First it shows desperation, are they worried Sunak is actually a credible leader unlike his predecessor? And it has surely backfired spectacularly, it must lose them loads of votes. .  

45 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Nowt like scratching an itch is there 👍

They had some Port of Dover spokesperson on the TV last week, Brexit has had an effect no doubt, Passport checks 30seconds to a minute to check, Then there was a 15% increase in passengers that wasn't expected and of course they had the French customs who couldn't give a shyte while France is 🔥

13 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Nowt like scratching an itch is there 👍

They had some Port of Dover spokesperson on the TV last week, Brexit has had an effect no doubt, Passport checks 30seconds to a minute to check, Then there was a 15% increase in passengers that wasn't expected and of course they had the French customs who couldn't give a shyte while France is 🔥

Maybe that 15% bookings increase all happened on the Friday morning? If not, it is surely not too difficult to know the passenger numbers.

Regardless of the Brexit referendum result, the real issue is that we ended up with some of the worst senior politicians ever. If some of the better ones had remained in senior positions, things would have been so much better.

This is the sort of thing Labour should be talking about, especially when people like Williamson, Hancock, Patel, Rabb etc are pretty universally unpopular. They've really screwed the country up because they are hopeless.

58 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

the real issue is that we ended up with some of the worst senior politicians ever. If some of the better ones had remained in senior positions, things would have been so much better.

This is the sort of thing Labour should be talking about, especially when people like Williamson, Hancock, Patel, Rabb etc are pretty universally unpopular. They've really screwed the country up because they are hopeless.

Why do people want to be MPs, Do they really want to make life of we the people better? or would like like the £85k+ a year, Expenses, Cars for the Cabinet Ministers, It's a gravy train, Ask BJ who was a Remainer, He backed the winning team in Brexit and maybe won because of him, He had an advisor who knew how to manipulate the public...Red bus anyone 😁 

For decades I've never liked the European Union, Katya Adler did a great expose of the EU in Brussels a good while back and showed how money disappears before your very eyes, There is/was a lift that takes you to floor 23and a half 🤷‍♀️ or some such number in the EU building in Brussels, It never existed but someone was making loot out of it, MEPs can just electronically sign in and sod off and claim their €s she challenged one while there...he soon mooched off...like the Lords 🙄 I'll not mention the EU Farmers, The Maltese government, The Slovak government who were dealing with undesirables, Some Slovak journalists losing their lives over it, There's corruption all over in World Politics as there's £ $ €s to made.

For me there aren't too many good Politicians now, They feather their own nests at our expense while we flood the internet with our beliefs and opinions.

Any road rant over, It's a Sunny day, Gardening and football to do and watch...enjoy your weekend, Life's to short to be angry 😉