Wifi at pride park

I always struggle to get a mobile signal at pride park so I can't check on scores as the game is happening. I understand the technical reasons and the limitation of a mobile network. What would be great is if Derby county could provide a free WiFi connection for supporters in the stadium. Would anyone know who you could approach in the club to ask about this. I know it wouldn't be cheap to set this up for 30,000 supporters and maybe it is just a perk for season ticket holders but I'm sure most people have the same problem.

4 hours ago, WestStandStartTheBounce said:

I always struggle to get a mobile signal at pride park so I can't check on scores as the game is happening. I understand the technical reasons and the limitation of a mobile network. What would be great is if Derby county could provide a free WiFi connection for supporters in the stadium. Would anyone know who you could approach in the club to ask about this. I know it wouldn't be cheap to set this up for 30,000 supporters and maybe it is just a perk for season ticket holders but I'm sure most people have the same problem.

Great idea. Let's all stay glued to our phones instead of watching the game. (#sarcasm alert)

6 hours ago, WestStandStartTheBounce said:

I get a single at pp but single not the best through.

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

Allegedly, in the South Stand certain genders and younger people get very good signals on their phones throughout the match. Perhaps that’s the place to be. 

Joking aside, for years I could never get any signal worth the effort in East Stand but for some reason I seem to be able to get a passable signal (albeit sketchy) since I moved to South Stand. I'm on the same network as I have been for a while (Vodafone). Maybe all that youthful energy and positivity is boosting my phone ?

6 hours ago, WestStandStartTheBounce said:

Just imagine 30 thousand users all trying to watch Tiktok videos simultaneously pulling on the same WiFi resource. Ain't going to happen. 

What would be the business case? Hotels, cafes, gyms, whatever might provide free WiFi to entice me in to their establishment rather than one next door. I’m going to Pride Park anyway and not likely to go to the City Ground because I can check my emails while watching the match.

Wifi also isn’t complementary to the business. A gym might offer it so I can stream my music while using the equipment. Not the case at Pride Park.

So, notwithstanding the technical challenges, it really wouldn’t be worth the expense.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Mel Morris was asked about this years ago at SCG and said the cost was prohibitive. 

That was when we had money, so now we don't.... ??‍♀️

Just be grateful for small mercies, like flushing loos , enough loos and hot water. None of which were available to us women at Home Park last night.

We don’t get hot water in the East stand Angie. You’re all spoilt pensioners treating the ground as a warm room in my opinion. You should be charged double. You’ll be telling me the hand drier works next!  

1 hour ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

We don’t get hot water in the East stand Angie. You’re all spoilt pensioners treating the ground as a warm room in my opinion. You should be charged double. You’ll be telling me the hand drier works next!  

Agist!