Wifi at pride park

3 hours ago, Alty_Ram said:

Joking aside, for years I could never get any signal worth the effort in East Stand but for some reason I seem to be able to get a passable signal (albeit sketchy) since I moved to South Stand. I'm on the same network as I have been for a while (Vodafone). Maybe all that youthful energy and positivity is boosting my phone ?

Must be more women using it in East Stand ?

2 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

We don’t get hot water in the East stand Angie. You’re all spoilt pensioners treating the ground as a warm room in my opinion. You should be charged double. You’ll be telling me the hand drier works next!  

Its too hot to wash hands though in West stand

12 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I get a single at pp but single not the best through.

I bet you’d be smashed if you were on doubles.

I get signal during the game, I think it’s because I have 5G and there isn’t enough people on it yet to swamp the network.

23 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

There genuinely isn’t hot water in the toilets I use. It used to be so hot that it would burn your flesh off but no longer. I would rather have a midfielder who can put a tackle in though. 

So in the toilets at pride park you would rather have a midfielder who can put his tackle in than hot water

It would be relatively easy I would have thought to make that phone that Stevie Mac used to use in the stands (to contact Simmo) freely available for public use. Perhaps someone could volunteer then to keep the scores updated on a whiteboard?

20 hours ago, WestStandStartTheBounce said:

I always struggle to get a mobile signal at pride park so I can't check on scores as the game is happening. I understand the technical reasons and the limitation of a mobile network. What would be great is if Derby county could provide a free WiFi connection for supporters in the stadium. Would anyone know who you could approach in the club to ask about this. I know it wouldn't be cheap to set this up for 30,000 supporters and maybe it is just a perk for season ticket holders but I'm sure most people have the same problem.

I take my Tranny 

(Transistor Radio) for any youngsters ?

On 08/03/2023 at 16:45, Tamworthram said:

Great idea. Let's all stay glued to our phones instead of watching the game. (#sarcasm alert)

According to some eejit on Twitter, all the women in the South Stand spend all game on their phones.... We should all complain to the club the women are nicking all the available bandwidth ?

On 08/03/2023 at 16:13, ilkleyram said:

Allegedly, in the South Stand certain genders and younger people get very good signals on their phones throughout the match. Perhaps that’s the place to be. 

No its not. I have no signal n South Stand ( or outside the stand either), either wifi or my own network. And it is annoying because there is a lad on the row in front who spends 70 to 80% of the match with his back to the pitch telling us the latest scores and team news for everyone from PL to the Outer Hebrides Sunday School reserves league. Well he would tell us if we listened. But it’s “Sorry mate. I’ve got a match to watch”!

Edited by DavesaRam

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

No its not. I have no signal n South Stand ( or outside the stand either), either wifi or my own network. And it is annoying because there is a lad on the row in front who spends 70 to 80% of the match with his back to the pitch telling us the latest scores and team news for everyone from PL to the Outer Hebrides Sunday School reserves league. Well he would tell us if we listened. But it’s “Sorry mate. I’ve got a match to watch”!

What gender do they identify as? 

(Asking for a friend who thinks only females do this.)