V Shrewsbury Town (H) 4th March 15.00

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I still think we are well on course for the play-offs. I would love us to get promoted but I wouldn't be that bothered if we didn't to be perfectly honest. 

I would still back us to win promotion next season and in effect we would be back in the Championship with a clean slate and able to buy a Warne team that could compete at the top end.

Like I said, of course promotion this season would be great but if we miss out it would not be the end of the world by any stretch. 

But will the likes of Knight, Bird and McGoldrick still be with us? We might have a weaker squad ?

19 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Pathetic. Hang your heads in shame Derby. Hang your heads in shame.

Have you posted on the ‘view from my seat’ thread? Could you please do so as I want to avoid any possibility of sitting near you and hearing your nonsense. It’s bad enough reading it. 

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Still don’t think Warne has worked out what his best team is, what each players best position is, or what formation to play.  Our recent form is troubling, and the Manager is not convincing me he can walk his talk.

If he hasn’t worked these issues out in six months we really have got problems 

His win ratio with us is good but games like today, Wycombe and Barnsley are frustrating at best 

if we do manage to get promoted expect more of the same next season this is a long term rebuild 

5 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Snatch your hands off for a draw at home to Shrewsbury? I think your ambition might be called in to question a little here! 

and thats why

dont disrespect your opponent like we did today.

i take a point because no damage has been done, shrewsbury were our main challengers for our playoff place and no damage has been done today. to suggest its unambitious is pure arrogance

Edited by alram

5 minutes ago, MickD said:

image.png.110188be3114deaf4ffa20fcbd836099.png     First Half, The Taming of the Shrews. Second Half, A Comedy of Errors

All's well that ends well, my friend ?

I’m team Warne but one thing LR seemed better at is trusting the whole squad and being proactive with his subs. Why did we wait until 2-2 before blinking? 

Plus Springett must wonder what he’s signed up for, never gets a sniff. Sibley whilst having a surprisingly good season at leftback is still naturally an attacker, never gets brought on for that role anymore. 

The draw today isn’t a killer with other results around us but it’s now made Tuesday’s free hit a match we need to get something from. 

Think we’ll get playoffs for what it’s worth but we shouldn’t be collapsing at home to teams like Shrewsbury.

I enjoyed the game ! 
disappointed with the result 

a few observations - Rooney did well as did smith until the harsh penalty from where I was - mendiz Lang does very little from the bench this season (start him) Dobbin is that enigma of a player - poor goal conceded from the free kick both the wall and possibly the keeper - two nice goals by us - it’s a point move on 

48 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I just wanted to share my thoughts on our current situation. Personally, I don't see our team as being worthy of promotion at the moment. It's frustrating to watch, but I think our hands are tied due to the transfer restrictions imposed on us.

In my opinion, the 2-year ban on transfers from the EFL was too harsh. It's clear that they wanted to make an example out of our club, without any consideration for the impact it would have on us fans. We're now facing the possibility of losing some of our best players like Cashin and Knight in the summer, which is really going to harm our chances.

It's not fair that the EFL is happy to give demoted Premier League teams an unfair advantage with parachute payments, but they're so quick to punish us for a mistake our former owner made. It just feels immoral to punish Derby in this way.

To add to our troubles, some of our older players seem tired and worn out from playing too many physical games. It's a tough time to be a Rams fan, but I'm still holding out hope for brighter days ahead.

Are we expecting too much of the younger less experienced players we have.

What annoys me about the continuing Efl punishment is that it is dressed up as a business plan. If you are challenging for promotion , getting crowds of 25k plus why should you be paying less in wages than your promotion rivals. That’s not a business plan, it’s a pure punishment. 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I enjoyed the game ! 
disappointed with the result 

a few observations - Rooney did well as did smith until the harsh penalty from where I was - mendiz Lang does very little from the bench this season (start him) Dobbin is that enigma of a player - poor goal conceded from the free kick both the wall and possibly the keeper - two nice goals by us - it’s a point move on 

Wycombe, Barnsley, Bolton, Shrewsbury all only drew and Posh lost so not a disaster, but very difficult to see us challenging for the top 2 now ?