Curtis Davies

inter politics

If he’s the third choice CB, as yesterday would suggest, then he’s not going to go unless we have someone coming in at the same time.

Chester will miss more games than he’s available for, Roberts is obviously more fancied as a second choice LB, Bielik isn’t coming back and then who do we have?

If Flint comes in, then fair enough. It’s likely his final year with us, we’d get more longevity out of Flint and it’s one less player to bring in during the summer.

He’s been absolutely fantastic for us, but he isn’t going to play much if Cashin & Forsyth stay fit. At this stage of his career if he can go elsewhere and play more, then fair play to him.

45 minutes ago, enachops said:

Davies will almost certainly retire at the end of this season. I can’t see him going anywhere for a 6 month deal. Even if he’s a squad player, I can’t see him wanting to leave when we have a chance of promotion. 

I don’t think he is ready to retire yet and he is more than good enough to carry on next season. Aside from that I think he would want to help us return to the championship first and foremost.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

If he’s the third choice CB, as yesterday would suggest, then he’s not going to go unless we have someone coming in at the same time.

Chester will miss more games than he’s available for, Roberts is obviously more fancied as a second choice LB, Bielik isn’t coming back and then who do we have?

If Flint comes in, then fair enough. It’s likely his final year with us, we’d get more longevity out of Flint and it’s one less player to bring in during the summer.

He’s been absolutely fantastic for us, but he isn’t going to play much if Cashin & Forsyth stay fit. At this stage of his career if he can go elsewhere and play more, then fair play to him.

Rooney?

The DT alluded this week that Flint only comes in if one goes out. 

Think it’s likely a domino effect, Davies leaves for a longer contract (can’t see us offering him more than another year) and Flint takes his place on the bench/third choice. 

We’d have Rooney and Stearman after that so would imagine that would see us until the end of the season.

Understandably for the first 10-15 minutes I thought Curtis really struggled and he looked well off the pace.

He grew into the game and by the end he must have been very pleased with his performance, although for me, when Cash is fit he comes straight back in. 

Really hope Curtis stays until the end of the season whereby we get promoted and can give him the ovation he deserves and then he moves on. 

Personally I hope he goes to Leyton Orient (his home town club) and has a great season for them then maybe returns in the future to coach or even manage us. 

Cheers 

Gangway D from the terrace 

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

Rooney?

Has he been used too much at CB though? I get the impression he’s seen more as RB or midfield cover currently. If Davies is apparently on his way out, it would make sense to give Rooney more time at CB.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Has he been used too much at CB though? I get the impression he’s seen more as RB or midfield cover currently. If Davies is apparently on his way out, it would make sense to give Rooney more time at CB.

In the 9 games he’s featured in so far this season, he’s played CB each time other than against Torquay and Barnsley in the FA Cup.

41 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If you had to play Davies or Rooney in the final game of the season, needing a point, who would you play?!

We must keep Curtis, that was clear yesterday.

I didn’t say I would choose Rooney over Davies.

The question was asked what other backup would we have if Davies was to leave and didn’t bring anyone else in.

Rooney is that backup as he’s played CB almost everytime he’s featured so far this season.

Disappointing to read some fans' comments about Curtis. He's always needed games off the back of an injury and the need to find someone to criticise every game, no matter how good the performance as a team, is wearing thin. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, but there are players who have earned the right to avoid pointless, over the top pelters. Curtis is definitely one of them IMO.

11 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Disappointing to read some fans' comments about Curtis. He's always needed games off the back of an injury and the need to find someone to criticise every game, no matter how good the performance as a team, is wearing thin. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, but there are players who have earned the right to avoid pointless, over the top pelters. Curtis is definitely one of them IMO.

Forever a club legend in my eyes for his selfless act in playing that last game of the season,despite the threat of aggravating an injury,and signing a disclaimer on the Club's behalf.I wish him the very best in whatever he chooses to do in the future.He must have been a big help to Rooney and Rosenior,then an inspiration for the younger players that came through.