Curtis Davies

inter politics

We will need Curtis around between now and the end of the season, either to help guide us to an automatic promotion spot or to help us to win the playoffs. Any fee we might receive for his transfer, and savings on wages, would be minimal when compared to the possible financial benefits of promotion to the Championship.

Sure we want Curtis to stay on as long as he wants and then to stay on in a coaching capacity too (if he wants that)?.  He’s a proper leader and - while the term ‘legend’ has become devalued through overuse - he has been a wonderful servant to the club and I think has great affinity with it.  Obviously if he wants to go, then fair-dos, but I certainly hope - even with our financial constraints- we don’t show him the door.

Curtis is an amazing talent and professional. Hope he stays to the end of the season as I'm sure he'll have a part to play if we're to force our way out of this league. He's the sort of guy you're proud to have associated with your club.

But I could see him leaving to work with Rosenior in a player-coach role at his former club Hull, and if he chose to do that I expect we'd all wish him well and he'd go with our blessing.