Cashin

nogbad van 50

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Young star to be replaced by old has been. 
That unfortunately is where we are in our development.

If it happens we just have to dust ourselves down and get on with it.

Hell no

Come on clows give cashin a new deal.

13 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Young star to be replaced by old has been. 
That unfortunately is where we are in our development.

If it happens we just have to dust ourselves down and get on with it.

Or,he's here to replace Chester .(always injured) Davies ( making mistakes regularly) and Stearman( never features).Could be here to boost the height and physicality in the back four,particularly at set pieces at either end.He's equipped for this division and,as a short term signing until 2024,would do us a job.

Currently not allowed to pay fees, so any acceptance of an offer would have to come along with an agreement with EFL that we would be able to spend a portion of the fee.

Not out of the question, but would take time I imagine.

How much is fair for Cashin? He's probably around the 1m to 1.5m mark at the moment.

Continue this form and by the Summer he should be around the 2m mark.

Unless he expresses a strong desire to leave then no way PW will sell as it will definitely harm our promotion prospects be it playoff or remote top 2.

Dont need the money for the business plan and couldn’t use the money if we got it.

So funnily we are maybe in a strongish bargaining position so £10 M or do one would be my response.

9 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Currently not allowed to pay fees, so any acceptance of an offer would have to come along with an agreement with EFL that we would be able to spend a portion of the fee.

How much is fair for Cashin? He's probably around the 1m to 1.5m mark at the moment.

I think you've got to compare him to other young CBs who were sold from L1 clubs in recent history. A good comparison would be Matt Clarke. Both aerially dominant. Both left footed, left sided CBs. Both pretty good at playing out from the back. Clarke was sold for £4m.

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Agreed. It's not like we can reinvest so selling him can only damage us this season.

I agree, if we sell him we are unable to buy new players so unless we need the money to fund other "none" transfer related issues there's vey little point in selling him.

34 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think you've got to compare him to other young CBs who were sold from L1 clubs in recent history. A good comparison would be Matt Clarke. Both aerially dominant. Both left footed, left sided CBs. Both pretty good at playing out from the back. Clarke was sold for £4m.

I think he has the potential to be better than the likes of Clarke. Cashin is top quality. We shouldn't sell.

40 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Pre COVID though. Prices in the EFL have dropped a lot since because clubs lost a lot of money. 

Buying clubs don't have as much to spend.

Selling clubs are accepting lower bids because they need the cash.

6 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Pre COVID though. Prices in the EFL have dropped a lot since because clubs lost a lot of money. 

Yes, I don’t think we can moan about not being paid what we’re due after the way we’ve treated creditors in the past year.

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

He's worth far more than 1 million. He is arguably the best player in league one, left footed centre backs are rare and he is young. Significantly more.

38 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I don't get the impression we need the cash at all. We need Cashin more. We aren't in administration, we don't need to accept low ball bids or in fact any bids for our players if we don't want to.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

I’d personally value Cashin at around £4 million right now, that being said his contribution to this team currently is priceless. 

Sincerely hope he wants to stay and when we do eventually sell we hold out for a decent amount, not just give him away as we have done with so many of our young players