Cashin

nogbad van 50

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I have no idea what I would want for Cashin because he’s largely been faultless since he got a chance in the first team. I can’t quite recall a player have such a fantastic level of consistency at such at a young age. Tomori had a higher ceiling and was a far superior athlete, but Cashin is just steady game-in, game-out. 

He is small, and maybe it will catch up with him, but for now - you can see why he’s the highest rated player in League One. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him step up into the Premier League and do well either. I just hope we don’t sell cheap and keep him until it makes sense to sell him. 

I don't think he has the pace for Premier League. I don't think any of our young players will be good enough to be regular Premier League players.

Upper half championship players but not Premier League. Maybe Bird could make a bottom six Premier team, because he has the highest ceiling.

For those frothing at this heresy can I point out that Hendrick and Hughes were much better players and only just about had Prem careers.

Tin hat on.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

I don't think he has the pace for Premier League. I don't think any of our young players will be good enough to be regular Premier League players.

Upper half championship players but not Premier League. Maybe Bird could make a bottom six Premier team, because he has the highest ceiling.

For those frothing at this heresy can I point out that Hendrick and Hughes were much better players and only just about had Prem careers.

Tin hat on.

What

He is bloody good young player and still got time on his side stage.

Been said already.  Transfer value would be nowhere near either his value to the team or potential value moving forward. He is a potential Rolls Royce of a player and we should try to keep for as long as we can, particularly while we can’t spend the money anyway.

The one or two comments questioning his ability of ‘ceiling’ tell me more about their judgement of footballers than Cashin’s quality.

The only caveat to all this is that I said exactly the same about Will and his career has been nowhere near what it should’ve been… so maybe I’m just as clueless ?‍♂️